cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Cease of line and broadband

I cancelled my telephone line and broad band contract on 10 March 2024 by calling BT. My telephone number was ported to new provider.

I am using new providers internet and telephone line since 10 March 2024.

I returned BT HUB. 

I am due a refund.

After several calls to BT since 10 March, spending lots of time on each call, BT is simply unable to refund me as they are struggling to stop my services!

Today I was on the line for almost an hour! I got cut off. I got a text around 10.00 am from BT saying they will call me back " in a minute"! Its now 20.12 and no one has bothered to call me back!!

I feel depressed adn helpless< Anyone got email of the Chief Executive of BT to whom I wolud like to communicate about my predicament?

I think his name is Adam Crozier?

Thank you

Kaycee

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Cease of line and broadband

If you called March 10th to serve your notice to quit , then the 30 days notice takes you to around 9th or 10th April ( so 2 or 3 days ago ) .

You may well be due a refund, without knowing the status of your contract ( inside a minimum term or not ) it impossible to say , but if a refund is due it’s probably way to early to be concerned, similarly if you have paid for a period after 10th April ( so this month not last month ) then that money I will be refunded ( that’s assuming you don’t owe any early termination charge ) , but you are hardly out of your contract period which only ended a couple of days ago .

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your reply.

I am out of the contract. 

I agree my 30 days notice ends on 9 April.

I am more concerned that on my account they are showing next months bill of £40.08 for the period from 25 April!

I am 74 and am very anxious about BT's total lack of customer care. Today I got cut off after almost an hour as the lady was trying to cancel the line and she never called me back despite me getting a text saying sje will call me in a minute. This is certainly very poor standard of service.

I have paid my last bill which was for the period up to 25 th April

I am owed a refund from 9 April to 25 April.

BT says they cannot issue a refund until the contract has been cancelled.

How long does it take them to cancel the line/comtract?

Sorry if this is too long

I want to end this matter so I do not worry and spend my more time.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

If you ported your number to another provider then your BT service should be ceased as a consequence, as the other operator asking for the number causes the cessation, if you moved to another provider using Openreach presumably you received a ‘sorry to see you leave’ communication, if you moved to a Alternative Network or Virgin then that sorry to see you leave communication may not happen.
You are probably being a little premature to expect a refund so soon after your BT stopped being your provider, which was 2 or 3 days ago , being charged for a period after your cease date isn’t unusual as your BT bill was already  ‘in the pipeline’ before you ceased your service, but there is no reason to believe you won’t get that money refunded .

if a BT Mod offers to check this for you , accept the invitation

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thank you . Will wait & see if Mod offers any help 

0 Ratings