cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Change of contract BT to EE

BT/EE as at 14/5/24:

8/11/23 - I called and agreed a new 2 year agreement. To include Broadband, Entertainment package (NOW, SKY Atlantic, Sky Max, Netflix, Discovery +) and two mobile phones. £85.09 pm

Later that month I found out that I could not receive Discovery + on my TV. When I called I was told that I needed a new TV box and that would cost £30. Following discussion it was agreed that I would be charged £30 and that I would then receive a credit for £30 in my next bill.

Jan - I called to find out why I had still not received the £30 credit. I was told this would be sorted out asap.

22/2/24 - I called again to chase the £30 credit. Having been assured that the credit would be made I was then offered the opportunity to transfer to EE and that this would save me money. It was agreed that from 1/3/24 I would move across to an EE agreement and that this would cost £74.99 pm (£60.99 Broadband & TV + £14.00 for the two mobile phones). This was confirmed in an email that I received the same day. I was also told that the transfer would be seamless for me and that although I would receive a number of messages from EE I could ignore them.

22/3/24 - I called to cover the following:

1. I had received a suspension letter from EE telling me that I had an outstanding bill for £14 for the mobiles. On the call I was told that I would have a separate agreement for the mobiles and that I would need to set-up a separate direct debit for this. I did this to avoid defaulting on the mobiles. At the same I queried 6 text messages that I had been charged for. The call handler agreed that this was erroneous and I have now received a credit for this.
  2. My contract with EE did not appear to have started on 1/3/24. I was still with BT. I was transferred from the mobile team to the broadband team and told that the agreement with EE would start on 1/4/24. And it was confirmed that the cost would be £74.99 on a two year agreement.
  3. I still had not received the £30 credit!

8/4/24 - I called to clarify the following bills, payments and refund:

28/2/24 - £87.03 BT payment for March. 

25/3/24 - £14.00 EE payment - Mobiles

28/3/24 - £45.04 BT payment, no invoice received/available

28/3/24 - £70.18 BT refund. 

Therefore total bill for March is £76.73 - a nominal refund of £10.30.

On this call I spoke to Rebecca (Belfast) who was very good, understanding and trying to be helpful. But she told me that my EE contract is not for £74.99 pm and that it was in fact something close to the previous BT agreement, although I’m not sure what the actual amount is. Rebecca said that they would investigate this and get back to me the next day. I received one or two more calls saying that they were going to listen to the various calls and then get back to me. I’ve heard nothing since.

But EE is taking money from me without any supporting evidence:

4/4/24 - £74.34 EE payment

5/4/24 - £14.00 EE payment - mobiles

1/5/24 - £15.10 EE payment - Mobiles (why has it suddenly increased from £14?)

7/5/24 - £74.99 EE payment 

I have uploaded and logged on to the EE App but it will not allow me to see my bills or my plans.

The only agreement that I have from EE is in an email dated 22//2/24 and thats for a total cost of £60.99 for broadband & TV, as detailed above.

0 Ratings