cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Change package to lower than full fibre 100 with halo 3

We currently have full fibre 100 with halo 3 I don’t think we need this package 

we’re pensioners we both use internet on iPhones iPads and stream a bit of tv like Netflix Apple Amazon prime

we currently pay 53.75 a month

it sure what our best option is

can you help?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Change package to lower than full fibre 100 with halo 3

From what I can glean, BT is very reluctant to downgrade anyone on Halo packages to cheaper deals (such as the ones offered to new customers).
Certainly when you're offered renewal of your 2 year Halo contract online, you are only offered Halo packages. I understand that you can downgrade if you're prepared to argue with an agent on the telephone, but it's difficult to find out what's available beforehand so the agent has the advantage over you, so you have to be prepared to stand your ground - and spend a bit of time on the phone!
This "hiding" of cheaper deals from Halo customers lets BT get round the law that states new customers must not be offered cheaper deals than existing customers.
IMO this is disreputable behaviour by BT and should be prevented by OFCOM, but unfortunately that is the current reality
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Do you qualify for Essentials?

https://www.bt.com/broadband/home-essentials

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@chrisjpwrote:
This "hiding" of cheaper deals from Halo customers lets BT get round the law that states new customers must not be offered cheaper deals than existing customers.

What law are you referring to?  Perhaps you are think of the new law for insurance not broadband contracts?

Message 5 of 7

No I’m afraid we dont

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

"What law are you referring to? Perhaps you are think of the new law for insurance not broadband contracts?"
Ahh my mistake then. I thought the law applied more widely than just to insurance. I think it should do, but even insurance companies are finding ways around it.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Even without a qualifying for the social tariff , 40Mb broadband without phone currently is £29 with phone £34 ( going up by about 8% soon ) for new customers , so if out of contract that’s the target price after downgrading from Full Fibre 100 , which actually delivers around 150Mb to ‘Full Fibre Essential , but it does seem as already stated , once on a Halo type deal , downgrading onto a non Halo deal is difficult…perhaps the BT Mod may offer to intervene, or be insistent ( not rude ) when calling BT to be put into a more suitable package, this assumes that the OP isn’t within a minimum term , where penalties may apply for quitting early .

0 Ratings