cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Changing BT Broadband Package - Problems

Last week we decided to change our BT Broadband package from Full Fibre 2 to Full Fibre 100.

We were given a switch date of Thursday 5th September.

That day came and went and nothing happened.

So, we phoned BT and were told it could take up to 5 working days for the switch to take place so to wait until the 12th.

On Monday (9th September) at 4pm our Internet connection went off.

Initially it flashed purple for a while but ultimately went to static orange and has been like that ever since.

We've phoned BT a couple of times since but are struggling to get a sensible explanation of what has happened or why. When we explained that we had been without Internet for 36 hours they just said "Well that shouldn't have happened. Leave it another 48 hours 🙄".

Can anyone on here help or explain? What/who exactly are we waiting for to be reconnected?

Just to add that all our equipment and connections are absolutely fine.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Changing BT Broadband Package - Problems

If you have FTTP what colour are the lights on the ONT (openreach modem)

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

All green

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Thanks for confirming that for us @sonic3211 

Have you had a chance to try using our fault checker which you can do online or by texting HELP followed by your landline number to 61998?

We'll run a check on your line and some troubleshooting, and if needs be from there either help you book an engineer, or get you a call back from a member of our team. 

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Hi Peter,

Thanks for replying but we don't have a landline number.

We are broadband-only.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Thanks @sonic3211, that's not a problem. 

Instead can you please try heading over to the page below? 

This should give you the same checks without needing the landline number

Report and track your BT problem | BT Help

Peter

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Thanks Peter.

We've got an engineer coming tomorrow afternoon so the link just takes us through to that appointment.

We're hoping he can fix it out but we just don't understand why we've been without broadband for 4 days when we're doing a (seemingly) very simply upgrade and everything was working ok before.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Thanks @sonic3211, I'm glad to hear that you've already got an engineer on the case with this one. 

I really do get how much of a tough position this puts you in, but I'm confident they'll be able to help get this sorted out. 

If you've been left totally without service we'll be able to look into making sure you're not left out of pocket for the disruption too, which you can find out more about here:

Automatic Compensation | BT Help

Peter

Message 9 of 13

So a BT/Qube engineer came today and had a look. He seems to think our “white box” is the problem as it’s 10 years old and can’t cope with the new speed we’re moving to (even though we’re only moving from 75 to 150mbps). He said it’s the 4th time he’s had this issue today.

Not sure why BT are selling broadband packages to people without checking they’re able to actually use it first, but there you go  

So, we’ve now got an Openreach engineer coming on Monday. Quite why they didn’t send one in the first place is beyond me. Anyway, what I want to know is will he be able to replace the white box on Monday if that is the issue or will it need escalating even further?!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

So the Openreach engineer arrived this morning.

The first thing he said was "I come bearing bad news".

He said all our connections and equipment were absolutely fine, that there was an issue with our "configuration" and that I needed to speak to BT.

So, I phoned BT and they said the only way to fix it would be to send an engineer out 🤣

As you might imagine, I was getting slightly fed up at this point, so I asked if they could just revert us to original package (which worked perfectly) so I was put through to the Loyalty team.

I then had the misfortune to speak to an extremely unscrupulous individual. First of all he tried to say we couldn't cancel our upgrade. I told him we were still within the 14 day cool off window. He then cancelled our upgrade.

Despite everything, we were still willing to go back to our original package (Full Fibre 2) but were told that we'd have to sign up as new customers again. I said fine. He said the cheapest I can do the Full Fibre 2 package for you is £39.99 per month. I said "It says £29.99" on your website. He said there was nothing he could do. This was the straw that broke the camel's back so it was at this point that I just said forget it and to cancel everything.

A complete farce from start to finish.

Unfortunately, the solution to this whole sorry story is to leave BT.

@Peter_W @imjolly 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings