cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Changing from Unlimited to 700 minutes phone contract

Go to solution

Please could someone help. On Monday (30 July) I tried to change my phone contract from unlimited to 700 minutes but my online account did not seem to provide this option. So I phoned BT and spoke to the telephone-based billing team. I also have an out of contract BT broadband account. The first person I spoke to tried to get me to sign up to a new broadband contract (but this involved having work carried out in the house and I didn’t want this as I am disabled and don’t want any upheaval). I said I just wanted to switch from unlimited to 700 minutes phone contract. She said that the system wouldn’t let her do this. She passed me to a colleague who also tried to sell me a new broadband contract – I said I just wanted to switch to a 700 minute phone contract. Again, she said the system wouldn’t permit this. She said she would check why and then call me back on Wed (3 Aug). I never received a call back. Both of the people I spoke to said I am a loyalty customer due to my time with BT but this seems anything but a loyalty service. Please can someone help me to switch from an unlimited to a 700 minutes telephone plan in order to reduce my costs. Many thanks.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Changing from Unlimited to 700 minutes phone contract

Go to solution

Hi @User12, welcome to the forum and sorry you're having trouble changing your calling plan,

We'll be happy to help you with this. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Also … we have had the 700 minutes deal for some years but ….

We are currently Halo 1. We have been offered Halo 3 with either pay as you go or unlimited. The 700 minutes unlimited which we’ve had for some years has gone completely or so it appears.

We have also been “invited” to get rid of our landline at a small saving. It appears as though we just plug our existing phones into the back of a new smart 2 router. No mention of any call charges if we select that option?? Surely BT aren’t giving a freebie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@douglasxk 

if you select broadband only then can no longer receive/make phone calls on your house phone.

if you just move to digital voice then phone connects to socket on back of SH2 and calling costs are just the same as before - there are no freebies

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Call charges are exactly the same whether by traditional analogue or by Digital Voice.

Getting rid of your landline means no telephony at all. Plugging the phone into the router is Digital Voice, not getting rid of your landline.

Post crossed with @imjolly post

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
If you are already on 700 mins , then the options to change are unlimited or PAYG ( you can’t change to something you have already ) someone in a similar position but on PAYG , would ‘only’ have the 700 min or unlimited options to choose from