cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Charge for returned equipment. Lost proof of postage.

Go to solution

Hi!

I've seen similar posts and wish to know how the issues were resolved. 

I ended my long term relationship with BT n January. 

I returned the Hub, disk, hot spot and cables. All in two boxes which were placed in one of the large white envelopes with the prepaid label addressed to Northallerton. 

After receiving a reminder to send back the equipment, I called customer services and explained that I'd sent everything back but couldn't find the proof of postage.

I was told it can take 4 weeks so it may still turn up.

Next email and text reminder rock up a few weeks later so I call again. Now we are on repeat.

Final reminder comes. I call again. Same outcome.

Now I have a bill fir £80 and we're at an impasse. I am not prepared to pay for something that I have already sent back.  Moreover, why wouldn't I have sent it back? It is of no use to me and I certainly have better things to do than waste time calling BT to explain something over and over.

Also, is it beyond the realms of possibilities, that if BT or Royal Mail can lose a large white plastic envelope full of equipment, I can lose a small slip of paper?

Can common sense prevail here please?

Thanks in advance for any useful advice!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Charge for returned equipment. Lost proof of postage.

Go to solution

Obviously I have no reason to doubt that you returned the equipment, in my case I took a photo of the receipt, as you say , weeks later it may prove difficult to find a slip of paper , but presumably you will agree the reason for being advised to retain  the proof of postage is for exactly this reason , you say it was posted , BT say the package has not arrived ….as far as anyone stating that why would they not return kit , the fact that this type of equipment frequently is for sale on auction sites is testament that it has  a value to some .

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @GardenKarmaGirl,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry if you've been charged for the equipment you've returned to BT. Send me your details and I'll take a look at this for you. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you for your reply.

I didn't even know that this was a thing. Especially when BT provide this equiptment for free.

Value to some maybe, not worth the time, effort and aggravation of dealing with BT and going around in circles for me.

I didn't even have the foresight to take a photo of a piece of paper that I don't even remember getting.

I salute you for doing so!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
So, apparently the returned equipment has finally been received by BT... three months after embarking on it's epic journey to Northallerton.
Long may it live it's best, recycled life!
0 Ratings