cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Charged for a reply text(2) to BT61998

Go to solution

Hi. I received a text from BT61998 to ask whether I would like to change my landline to Digital Voice. I replied with the word “Ready” and also replied “Thank-you” when receiving another text confirming the acknowledgement. I am a BT mobile customer with unlimited texts yet I have been billed for these two replies. I have since sent a third text to STOP 61998 and will contact billing tomorrow. This should not have happened being a BT customer with unlimited calls and texts.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Charged for a reply text(2) to BT61998

Go to solution

Hi @hubbys,

Thank you for posting. If you take a look at What numbers could BT contact me from? you shouldn't have been charged for texting that number if you are on BT Mobile. But other network providers may charge you at their standard rate.

If you send me your details, I can take a look at your account to make sure you aren't charged. 

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Hubbys.
Follow up from BT Billing re- the charges for reply text to BT 61998.
Apparently a few people are complaining about being charged and BT are looking into the problem. Contact BT billing and they will refund any charges.
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @hubbys,

Thank you for posting back to update the thread.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

No problem Paddy.

Much appreciated for your assistance and offer of help.

All the best.👍

0 Ratings