cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pmac1985
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Charged more than a new customer

Why do BT always charge me more than they offer for a new customer even after I’ve been with them for over 15 years?

last time it was on mobile and I had to look at going else where and now that FTTP has been installed in the area they want online £35 or even £5 more when I call than they offer it to new customers online!!

uou would have thought customer loyalty would be rewarded not punished, or is this just cause I’ve been tied in for another 12 plus month and have no choice but to stick with them and slow internet or pay extra.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Eaglemama
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Charged more than a new customer

Incentives will always attract new customers, it’s just one of those things. It’s a competitive market.
0 Ratings
iniltous
Guru
Message 3 of 4

TBH, it’s not just BT , many if not most offer incentives to new customers to join, however depending on what products you take with BT, they do offer a guarantee that the renewal will be as good as the new customers deals at the time, or you call and try to negotiate a better deal, a retention deal may be even better than a new customer offer, you won’t know unless you try.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Is your contract due for renewal shortly? If so have you had notification from BT and renewal contract offers?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings