cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Communication on upgrade

Go to solution

5th October previous contract had ended, so upgraded to Fibre Broadband. Not wanted but no other options it would appear. 🤔

If I had known then, what I know now. I would never have bothered. 😡

After some considerable time and false starts, an engineer finally came to the house to bring the fibre to the outside. It is still there, rolled up next to the front door. 

Another Engineer was supposed to come in December to connect to the house. Notification to me that appointment had been made for 23rd January, then moved to 24th January. Hurrah, engineer came out. Because of an injury, he was unable to remove his ladders from van and unable anyway, to climb a ladder! Our router is in my upstair workroom, where it has always been - for years. Told said engineer, that we needed this doing as a matter of urgency because we have a very ill and dying father in another county, who we are responsible for. We cannot keep waiting in for engineers. Engineer said someone might come that day or this week. Checked on-line - nothing. 

Made a complaint earlier in the week and was told that someone should be with us today between 8.00am and 13.00pm, although we have never received a notification by text, messenger or email. Once again, got up early, waited until 11.00am, by which time, in my heart of hearts, I knew nothing was going to happen. Rang and made another complaint. Very nice lady checked our account. Shows as still coming. Case closed. 

Well that is it now. I have lost the will to live. That thin bit of thread that my patience was hanging on by - has broken. 

No emails, no messages from BT.  I would never have believed that it could get SOOOOO bad. And what now? Well I shall see what the community says but I think I will be putting all new equipment, back in the boxes and asking BT to collect it. I am certainly not going out of my way for them again. I understand that Fibre Broadband etc, will be compulsory within two years. I know a lot of companies are in the same boat but surely not this bad? 

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Communication on upgrade

Go to solution

Hi @savage1 

Welcome to the community, I am very sorry you've not been receiving communication in relation to your order. 

I can have this looked at for you and have the complaint that has been raised on your account reopened and left open until this is resolved.

I've sent you a private message asking for more information so we can help with this. Please be advised we are a small team so most likely it would be the start of next week before someone would be in touch.

Thanks

Stuart   

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Hello Stuart, further to my recent communication (I sent the details you requested). Unbelievably I have been sent two further emails saying that equipment was going to be sent to me and welcoming me to BT. I sincerely hope I will not be sent any more equipment.

I was awoken this morning by my husband, rushing into the bedroom to tell me that BT were here. A ruse awakening and a few expletives later, there was the very nice chap telling us he had come to install the fibre broadband to the hub. NO COMMUNICATION again, we were just not expecting him, especially on a Sunday. The little box is now on the wall, where we wanted it, the cable is in and the hub is sitting there.... not working. Another man and van was called to assist. It would now appear that they needed backup from 'the office' and 'the office' doesn't work on Sundays. However, the job has been logged and they (the office) should be able to get the box in the street to talk to the box at the front of the house remotely. The chaps were here for hours. Another day of my life gone, good job we hadn't planned to visit husband's dying father today!!!! I will still have to sort the blooming thing out when and if 'the office' do their job. What are the chances? I am trying to be good but I am ready to explode.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @savage1,

I am so sorry that there hasn't been enough communication from us for everything. I am also sorry that an engineer randomly turned up without it appearing to have been agreed with you in advance too. The Openreach engineer should be calling one of their centres which, as you know, are closed today. They should hopefully be able to help tomorrow.

I really hope that both you and your Husband are coping well. You don't need any extra stress from us. My team will be picking this up for you as soon as we can over the next couple of working days.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Thanks Daniel 😟 Very busy week for us. We hit the ground running tomorrow... just saying. It might be me incommunicado. 😳

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @savage1 the Digital Voice service should be active from earlier today. @DavidM is out of the office today and asked me to monitor this in his absence. 

Have you had a chance to test the Digital Voice and if so is it working OK for you?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Hello John

I am pleased to report that after 4months and 4 days we are finally up and running.

Did DavidM mention additional handsets to you or is he dealing with that?

Kind regards

Linda

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

@savage1 I'm glad that's working for you, @JohnC2 has finished for today. I'll make sure he gets back to you on that when he's in tomorrow.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @savage1, thanks for checking and good news that the Digital Voice is working ok for you. 

@DavidM  just asked me to check on the DV with you in case there was a problem. Then I could raise the fault and get in progressed whilst he was out of the office. He told me he would pick the case back up on Monday when he's back in the office so I'm sure he'll sort this for you then.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings