cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Compensation+buy out

Long story short. I ordered bt, delayed 3-4 months, but finally installed. Was told compensation would come after 30 days so not too worried about that but the buy out confuses me. I was told to keep old provider service active and i would be compensated for how much it would cost. Then i was told to cancel sky service and i would be compensated for that (early termination charge). It is all annoying as when the bt person came to my house (salesman), I was told that EVERYTHING would be taken cared of by  bt (including buy out). And here i am with bt and sky broadband, paying both bills. What do i do? Do i ask sky to cancel service or not? Already disappointed with BT lying to me. A second example of a lie was when the person on twitter said they have requested sky service to be cancelled. For about a day or 2, sky stopped working but started working again after that. ALSO, apparently there is a limit to the buy out which is £300 which i wasn't told about. Terrible experience with everything. Literally. But i dont really care about that now because my service is active and i just want to cancel sky and make sure i dont have to pay early termination charges. What do i do? cancel SKY service? 

Also, i think i put the wrong board up but dont know where to post this.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Compensation+buy out

@user2910 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Please read https://www.bt.com/broadband/contractbuyout

That tells you what to do, assuming you were offered a buyout, as its by invitation only.

0 Ratings