cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Compensation for loss of service & delayed installation

Go to solution

Hello. I ordered an upgrade to fibre broadband in July 2022. I sincerely wish I had not bothered! Initially, progress seemed to be good. An Openreach engineer knocked on my door in late July, to say they had cables up to the house-just a matter of connecting the new service. 

On 4 August, my broadband & landline went off, with no explanation. After contacting BT to report what I initially thought was a fault, I was told my service had been terminated. Following escalation to the complaints team, the copper broadband (but not landline) was reconnected on 7 October 2022. A engineer was due to visit on 5 September, but did not do so (no apology or explanation given). The fibre upgrade was not installed until 2 December 2022, and even then, the ‘phone did not work (the installation hadn’t been done correctly) until early January 2023. 

It is now April 2023, and during this time, I have opened multiple complaints, some of which were closed by BT without resolution! I have spoken to numerous people within both BT and the Ombudsman, who appear to agree that compensation is due to me. This is for the late installation of my fibre broadband upgrade, the missed engineers appointment, and the (unexplained) termination of my service for two months. I have received one payment of £5.25, plus two “goodwill” payments from BT to date, but still await full compensation. The people I speak to are usually pleasant, and promise much, but do not deliver. One of the complaints handlers who I conversed with regularly during the two months my service was terminated, said it was one of the most complex issues he’d ever come across. That may be the case, but please pay me the compensation I am rightly due, before I take legal action. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Compensation for loss of service & delayed installation

Go to solution

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT. The only BT staff are the forum moderators who do not necessarily read all the posts.

If you have already been to the Ombudsman and BT have agreed that compensation is due and have in fact paid some to you I suspect that the forum members will be unable to assist you in any way.

I have advised the moderators of the forum about your problem in the event that they can help or at least advise you on what your options are.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@Turbostar 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators who may offer to help.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Turbostar 

Thanks for posting and sorry you've had this experience when trying to upgrade your service.

If everything is up and running now, We can investigate to see what we can do for you.

I've sent you a private message asking for some details so we can help.

Thanks

Stuart 

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Just to say that I’ve now settled this with BT. 

0 Ratings