cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Compensation

Go to solution

I have now recieved my bill for November/December no automatic compensation on it. I was without a landline for 13 days engineer failed to turn up. Online chat is as good as useless. So I have now been charged for a service I have not recieved for half of the month. This compensation is supposed to be automatic where is it. 13 days at £8.40 that should be taken off my bill.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Compensation

Go to solution

Hi, @Billybob3 Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I'm sorry about the fault with your service, when was it repaired? Automatic compensation is normally applied 30 days after the fault report has been closed.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply I get that. My point is that I am being charged for a service I have not used. This is unfair and the compensation shoul have been paid before my next bill. I would also like to be informed about the amount of compensation. The lack of comunication from BT is dreadful.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi, @Billybob3 I'm sorry you feel that way, it can take up to 30 days to process the automatic compensation, I'm sorry we can't speed this process up. I appreciate a bill has been produced in the meantime and I appreciate your concerns, once the compensation has been worked out and applied automatically you will be notified by email. 

If a network fault is not repaired within two working days your compensation entitlement starts on the third day at £8.40 per day, you'll find more information on how this is worked out on the following help page Automatic Compensation | BT Help 

If it hasn't been applied 30 days after the fault was repaired please come back to me and I will be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Compensation

Go to solution

As expected no automatic compensation after 30 days. I was told on here that after 30 days it would appear. You can’t keep telling people untruths I’m paying top dollar for my package I expect some loyalty. Who do I now get in touch with to get my compensation.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Billybob3, sorry you've not received your compensation yet. 

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you get your compensation.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for sending over the details @Billybob3 .

I'm glad to hear it's all sorted for you now.

All the best

David

0 Ratings