cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Compensation

Hello

Ive had non stop issues with my broadband since having BT, already received a cheque for £90 and I’m due compensation as my broadband wasn’t fixed from October until December.  I don’t understand why I keep being told 30 days for the new cheque when the other cheque was sent on the same day as the live chat! Live chat are rude and don’t seem to grasp the fact that it’s an absolute joke to be told to wait 30 days when my service didn’t work properly for months yet I still have to pay every month. Try to make a complaint get told I can’t!!! I can’t work out how they can’t just send the cheque now or even put it in my bank. I just keep getting fobbed off each time I talk to someone. Anybody got any ideas of next steps? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Compensation

Hi @Mum2leo,

I am sorry to read about the experience that you've had.

If a refund cheque has been requested it will be because you don't have a Direct Debit set up. That will be the reason why we can't transfer it to your bank. If you pay us through a cheque then you will get refunded in the same way.

Alongside the Bank Holidays, there have been a number of Royal Mail strikes which has been delaying our post getting to our Customers as it has for other businesses. I am sorry if this is the reason that you haven't received it yet.

When you asked us to raise a complaint, we should have. Please go to Complaints if you want to raise one online. This guide tells you our complaints code of practice which should always be followed for any complaint.

If you still need any help afterwards, let me know.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I keep raising complaints then they get closed. Are you able to look into if the cheque has been sent yet please?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

I certainly can @Mum2leo.

I am sorry that your complaints were being closed. That shouldn't be happening without us explaining why.

As tomorrow is New Years Day and Monday is the Bank Holiday, my team will be able to help you in a few days time. I'm sending you a private message with some details that I'll need.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings