cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Connect to WiFi, No internet

Hello,

For two weeks now I have been able to connect my devices to the WiFi / router however have been unable to use the internet on them. When attempting to use the internet, a page will pop up saying restrictions have been placed on my account as I have outstanding bills to pay.

My bills are most definitely paid and has been confirmed via BT on the phone and is shown on the My BT app.

I have gone through normal measures, unplugging everything, plugging it back in. Turn everything off and on again, reset the router. Nothing works.

I had a new router sent out which did not fix the problem, a BT engineer came out this morning to check everything. 

They had said there is absolutely nothing wrong anywhere at all, everything should be working fine. However again even on the engineers device when attempting to use the internet, a page popped up regarding outstanding bills.

My broadband bills are 10000% paid, I have been told there are no restrictions on my account.

No one seems to have a clue.

Any help?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Connect to WiFi, No internet

Does your hub connect to the internet?  If so can you access the internet using an ethernet connection?

If only WiFi problem try switch off the 5ghz network in hub manager then wireless and see if you can connect to the 2.4ghz network

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Are you trying to connect to BT WiFi by mistake instead of your own SSID

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Q1ramsey and welcome to our community.

Sorry you're having problems getting connected. As @imjolly has mentioned, are you able to connect via ethernet?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@DavidM 

From the post by @Q1ramsey 

"When attempting to use the internet, a page will pop up saying restrictions have been placed on my account as I have outstanding bills to pay."

This was also seen on an technician`s device.

That looks to me like an account mismatch or similar.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

You could be right @Keith_Beddoe and thanks for pointing that out.

@Q1ramsey I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. I've dropped you a private message so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings