cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Contract ending ...is this really the best deal ?

Hi ,

I just signed in view my latest Bill and  discover my current contract is ending in a few days time !

Of course i got a big shock by the price increase and upon further inspection for my "special offer" just for being   an existing customer and all ... well..."is that it?" i thought !

So i shuffled off  around the price comparison sites and see ...frankly ...much more competitive offers and even prices that are similar to what i'm  used to paying as an existing ( and fairly long term) BT customer .

Around this time it's always p'd me more off that new customers get the decent offers and yet us "loyal" long term existing customers get ....well ...second best treatment.

Jeez ,  i'm not into the new fangled TV channels , streaming and stuff ...all i need  is a fibre BB  and  home phone connection ... and in my rural location i have to make do with FTTC which means no high speeds but that's ok it works for me .

All i'm saying is , i don't need nor can i get super fast services  , so before i take the leap and depart  , i suppose i'm basically asking -  is this really the best BT can offer me ?

Can one of  the mods or resident sage's  offer any help or advice ?

Should i phone up and speak to someone ...been quite a while since i've been through the transfer process so ....

Nando

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Contract ending ...is this really the best deal ?

I’d give them a call and speak to someone on retentions to see what they can offer. I got a better deal by doing this when I was up for renewal.
Message 3 of 15

@Nando33 

try phoning options team 0800800030 and see what you can negotiate

have BT's current offers and other ISP offers information when you phone up

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 15

Do your home work and check what other ISPs are offering for the type of package that you want then call BT 0800.800.030 and see what they can offer you. Be prepared to move ISP if need be and tell BT that is what you will do.

If you don't get a good deal that suits you try calling back later and see if they will better it. If not contact the new ISP that you have chosen.

They will carry out the whole procedure of swapping including contacting BT on your behalf so there is really not much that you need to do to swap.

Message 5 of 15

I'd exactly as @gg30340 says - it's why I'm now a BT customer and not a Vodafone customer.  Basically got my ducks in a row and contacted Vodafone and "Computer says no!" was the response.  If you can't get a better deal your only options are to grin and bare it, or leave!

*I keep seeing bear it, surely that's wrong?

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
Message 6 of 15

Hi ,

Thanks to you all for your helpful replies and suggestions - i'll get on to them  and see what they say .

Cheers ,

Nando

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Hi @Nando33,

Please post back and let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Give them a ring. I went to switch a few years back and retentions matched the price I could get elsewhere, which was less than they wanted to raise my bill to.

I signed up before these Halo packages, and until these price hikes came in I was still getting the original 80Mb speed. But without telling me they've reduced my speed to Halo1 at time of price change. 

So I'm leaving whether they reduce bill or not because Halo speeds are terrible for the price.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

It will be interesting to see what BT say regarding a 'retention' deal, as my contract ended last month and they wont budge. According to the advisor, BT changed direction in regards to their business model this financial year and no longer offer incentives to stay loyal. They will NOT match new customer deals.

Even the advisor was lost for words, as I asked to downgrade my Halo 3+ package and was told that you 'cannot downgrade anymore - you are locked in. I'm so sorry, but BT will not allow me to reduce your bill'.

Time to move provider.

Message 10 of 15

When was your renewal, as BT have changed direction in regards to their business model and no longer offer retention deals? They will NOT match new customer deals.
0 Ratings