cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Contract was setup without my consent

Hi, long story short.

I upgraded my broadband from Fibre100 to Fibre500 on 4-Nov, but the speed remains as old plan without any upgrade. After hours of phone calls, the problem still could not be solved.

Then a new Fibre100 contract with more expensive payment was setup without my consent on 16-Dec. I found nowhere to cancel it and my complaint case was also closed by BT staff without communicate with me.

Please let me know what can I do, many thanks.

Besides, is it legal to make up contract without customer approval?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Contract was setup without my consent

Hi @joecc,

I am so sorry to see that an order has gone through without your request to do so. There certainly shouldn't have been a new contract added when you never asked for it.

I'd like to get this picked up over the next couple of working days for you. Can you reply back to my private message when you get a chance? One of my team will be in touch and will do our best to get you what you wanted.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I have just had a similar experience today I found out by renewed my contract without consent to the highest one they do and I was told there is nothing I can do till Wednesday as it’s an open order I didn’t make an order so even though I was out of contract 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi there @Katbowden 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am sorry you have had the contract renewed and have done the right thing reporting this.

Could you get back in touch with the broadband team on Wednesday and let us know how you get on?

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

0 Ratings