cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Credit check

I would appreciate you advice here guys.

I am a BT customer with broadband, mobile headset and sim card plans. My mobile headset plan expired and they have kept charging me for the same price even after I repaid the full amount and the tem ended. 

I called to clarify to found the lady telling me that I need to change the package into sim only which I agreed to and she said it is better of to be with EE now as would be a better deal and they are the same company now. I agreed on that but enquired about credit checks that would happen and she assured me that there will be no hard searches recorded on my file due to this, then during the online document signing, I asked again before signing the credit check docs that I do not want that to happen and she insisted that no hard search will happen as I have green status with them and no hard searches will be conducted.

2 days ago I was checking me credit report to find out a hard search on my file by BT and when I called EE they said it is not us who advised you and go back to BT who said that lady on the phone was not aware of the incorrect information she provided me with and they are sorry! 

I am about to apply for a mortgage in a few months time and this hard search will ruin my application. Any idea what I need to do now especially they confirmed they no search will appear on my credit file.

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Credit check

@Mohamedfodawrote:

I am about to apply for a mortgage in a few months time and this hard search will ruin my application. Any idea what I need to do now especially they confirmed they no search will appear on my credit file.

Get in touch with BT, they can review the call and contact a team within BT to have your credit file updated, if you didn't consent to it, it can be corrected.