cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Customer in DESPAIR

Go to solution

I have been a loyal BT customer for more than 20 years. Since our BT contract finished in January 2022 I have made many attempts to take out a new contract. On the first occasion, I was told I should upgrade to Superfast/Fibre broadband and that they would come out to connect us - we were then told by a total of 4 engineers that came out to our property, that we cannot upgrade as there is no Superfast/Fibre fitted on our side of the road and so we definitely cannot have it at this time.

I was then told that this order needed to be ‘cancelled down’ before placing another contract, reverting back to the ‘ordinary’ fibre to the cabinet. Since then I have tried making many, many calls and have placed about 6 contracts which have all ‘cancelled’…

On each occasion I try and take out new contracts, I spend up to an hour on the telephone. Am passed from one operative to another and have to keep explaining what has gone on.

I started this process again this week to try to resolve and was told by this particular operative Aaron that he would phone back the next day (as something had to cancel on my account) and he DID NOT phone back…

I am now in despair with this situation, how can I speak to someone to try to resolve this? I have used the 0800 number with no resolution. I am paying the ‘out of contract’ amount of over £50 per month and WILL have to just cancel I guess because BT clearly don’t want me as a customer.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Customer in DESPAIR

Go to solution

as you have tried on numerous times without success I have forum mods to see if they can help you   they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 3

Re: Customer in DESPAIR

Go to solution

Hi @SarahLouT.,

I'm really sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had trying to take out a new contract.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thank you

MandyF

0 Ratings