cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: Cut off from broadband & home phone due to BT/EE error - no-one will own problem & no co

@Joolzw 

It should be here https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/inbox

I have asked for it to be sent again.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Re: Cut off from broadband & home phone due to BT/EE error - no-one will own problem & no co

Thanks but still nothing on your link Very frustrating

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

I think the message to take from this and numerous other comments about the same issues is:
Do not, under any circumstances, accept BT's offer to transfer you to EE, and ignore all assurances from BT's agents that the transfer will be "seamless".
It most likely will not be, but the agents get commission for every unsuspecting BT customer they persuade to change to EE.
Message 14 of 17

Yes crispjp you are absolutely right. We have been with BT for so many years (more than 30) we trusted BT and believed that if BT now owned EE we would be OK. Its a nasty trick and now we have no connectivity whatsoever ever other than very kind neighbours allowing use their wifi for important stuff. Thank goodness as life revolves around broadband connectivity - traveling 10 miles every time for banking during a working day is ridiculous. We all know how much we rely on it for so many important things. I actually feel pretty depressed about this.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Sorry CHRISJP . wearing wrong glasses!
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

we trusted BT and believed that if BT now owned EE we would be OK

@Joolzw 

EE is simply another BT Group company, just like Plusnet and Openreach are.

https://www.bt.com/about/bt/our-brands

Proper checks need to be made to ensure that EE has the capacity to take on new customers. 

Message 17 of 17

I feel we have been conned. This scam of separate companies under the BT banner is shocking. Both BT and EE can try and slip out of responsibility by pushing issues onto each other and in doing so they are spitting customers out unfairly.