cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Delayed Activation Date & Lies.

Hi,

I ordered Fibre 2 for a property I'd moved into on the 15th of May, I was given a go-live date of 30th of May, I noticed I'd received several text messages re. OpenReach work that needs doing and saw an alert on my account.

Having phoned yourselves several times I was constantly told everything was still going ahead as it should.

Yesterday I called to chase and was told that this hadn't even been confirmed by OpenReach (I'm not even sure what work, if any, is needed as the previous occupiers used BT!), I then got fed up and called again 30 mins later to be told by your tech team that OpenReach have just updated yourselves minutes before my call (seemed a bit suspicious) and that all was going ahead, he even went as far as to say "I would bet my months wages that by 6pm today you'll be using your new broadband", which I later found out was a bold faced lie.

6pm rolls around and no changes, I called again and then was told that OpenReach hadn't even contacted yourselves and have still yet to confirm the order so it's being escalated to them as they were closed.

Is there any chance you can help or even find out what exactly is going on? (I've been using my personal hotspot as BT haven't provided any assistance whilst working from home, I've used 95GB already!)

I've checked Broadband Checker and there doesn't seem to be a queue?

BT.JPG

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Delayed Activation Date & Lies.

@AndrewCHC 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

@Keith_Beddoe  thanks, I already knew this, I’m hoping for a moderator to pick this up as phoning BT just seems unhelpful in my case.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

@AndrewCHC 

If the previous owner cancelled their connection instead of allowing you to do a Working Line Takeover, then there will be a pending cease on the line which would prevent Openreach from providing your line.

This can take up to ten days for all cease orders to close.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

@Keith_Beddoe - Thanks again but as I've mentioned I moved in on the 15th therefore 10 days have already passed... Even if there was a cease there shouldn't be one now and if this was the case surely BT could've said something as I'm sure OpenReach would've given them an update.

Once again, I'll await a moderator, thanks. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

@AndrewCHC 

"I would bet my months wages that by 6pm today you'll be using your new broadband"

Like many companies, BT records all incoming calls. I know because when I had a dispute with them once, they checked the recording and it proved that I was right.

That is a lot of compensation they are going to have to give you!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Still no concrete updates on this, OpenReach are currently escalating apparently and should be able to give me an update on the 5th as to when I might get my services but I'm not holding my breath.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Hi @AndrewCHC,

I am so sorry that we haven't been able to get your services up and running yet. I am also sorry that someone thought it was necessary to be unprofessional. That's something that should be looked into as part of your open complaint. As @Paul608085 says, our calls are recorded for training and monitoring purposes. We should be able to track the call recording since it happened recently.

You should have a case handler who's looking after your open complaint. They, or their team, should be the people who raised the escalation form to Openreach and they are the people that will be getting all updates from Openreach to their work email Inbox.

Should you still need help after Monday's update, please contact us here so my team can look into everything for you.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

@DanielS 

I’ve just called BT and was told that OpenReach haven’t got any updates and that they’ve set a new review date in another two working days.

Is there any chance you can help here or anything?

It seems like they’re not even actually doing anything, the order was placed back on the 15th, they’ve had ample time to do whatever was necessary, your colleague today mentioned that the order hadn’t even been “built”? 

Kind regards,

Andrew

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Hi @AndrewCHC I'm sorry about that, I'll send you a private message so you can send over your details to the moderation team and we'll chase this up with Openreach.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings