cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Disk prices for Halo3 package?

Go to solution

Hi, possibly a stupid question, but if I upgrade from a Halo2 package (without the "Complete Wi-Fi" guarantee), to the currently offered Halo3 package for the same price, do I have to pay anything for the first Wi-Fi extender disk?

The details are not very clear... they only mention not having to pay any more for an additional two disks if one is not enough, nothing about thee first disk.... I got most of the way through the steps to order the new package and didn't see any part where it should ask if I needed any disks (I presume a lot of people do not need anything except the main hub/router).

There is also an "additional up-front cost of £9.99" and I'm not sure why that is, unless it is because I still have ~100 days to run on the existing contract.

Can anyone shed light on these two things, please?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Disk prices for Halo3 package?

Go to solution

When you change to a Complete Wi-Fi package or a promotion that includes Complete Wi-Fi (Eg Halo3+), you're sent a Smart Hub 2 unless you have one and 1 x Wi-Fi disc as part of the promotion, extra discs if needed are sent free of charge (Max 3)

The £9.99 is a one off postage charge for sending equipment, this covers all equipment sent as part of the order, you might need a Smart Hub 2 and 1 x Wi-Fi disc or just the disc.

Hope that helps 🙂

Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Thank you. Perfect.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @StrobingFlare   Just to be clear, you need Halo3+ which includes Complete WiFi. You don’t get Complete WiFi with Halo 3.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Actually, @VeteranISPUser this is one of the confusing things about how these packages are described!

Depending on where you look, the term "Complete Wi-Fi" either refers to the deal with EE to provide Internet via the mobile phone network OR the "whole house" WiFi guarantee provided by the meshed Disks.

The deals offered to me at the moment DO seem to offer "Complete Wi-Fi" with a Halo3, not 3+, package. See the right hand one here... The "+" seems to just imply the additional mobile internet feature.

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 19.32.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@VeteranISPUser wrote:

Hi @StrobingFlare   Just to be clear, you need Halo3+ which includes Complete WiFi. You don’t get Complete WiFi with Halo 3.

Are you sure about that? I think complete WiFi is available with Halo3, Halo3+ gives the Hybrid connect

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @StrobingFlare 

I can see how it is confusing. The link below tells you what you get with Halo3 and Halo3+. In your case they are offering Complete WiFi as an add on to Halo3. It is only included with Halo3+.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-broadband/bt-halo/what-is-bt-halo-and-how-can-i-get-it...

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

@VeteranISPUserwrote:

In your case they are offering Complete WiFi as an add on to Halo3. It is only included with Halo3+.

You are correct and I can see how it can be confusing, hopefully this makes it clear.

Halo 3+ includes Complete Wi-Fi and the Hybrid Connect as part of the promotion.

Complete Wi-Fi can be an addon available on most packages.
Hybrid Connect can be an addon available on most packages.

This means you can in most cases build a promotional bundle to suit your needs.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
Clear as mud! (not you... BT!)
So I *think* they are offering me Halo3, plus the Complete WiFi (ie the Disks) as an addon, for no extra money than my existing Halo 2.
Sounds good, but I have memories of the last time I did a "simple upgrade" over the phone and they managed to lose all my existing benefits like Caller ID and call waiting!
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @StrobingFlare   Also be careful of calling plans. When I upgraded to 3+ they stung me with £2 extra for 700 minutes as 500 minutes is no longer available.

0 Ratings