cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Do you do a price promise on your own renewal quotes?

I've just received an email saying if I renew now I can renew fibre 900 for 69.99 ( 24months contract ).  But your price promise says never pay more than a new customer on renewals.   Same product for a new customer is 44.99 ( 24 month contract ).

Map3st3r_0-1708620456828.png

Map3st3r_2-1708620553338.png

Map3st3r_1-1708620483175.png

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Do you do a price promise on your own renewal quotes?

@Map3st3r 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Ok will do, I was looking for a contact email address as I'm not a fan of dialling those numbers and listening to elevator music for hours on end not knowing where you are in the queue. So I thought maybe BT look at their own forums. The solutions possibly cancel my current fibre 900 and sign up again as a new customer to get the better renewal price.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Yes, I've experienced this when renewing my own contract with BT. On close inspection, I found that the renewal deal had a few bells & whistles added to the deals being offered to new customers. So, cunningly, and in my view duplitously, BT maintain their "pledge" (and indeed stay within the law)
The new customer deal was not offered to me on any of the "renew now" communications or websites. I suppose I could have called them and spent a lot of time on the phone insisting that I get the new customer deal, but then I look at the experience of BT's customers who have tried to set up contracts over the phone with agents who apparently are quite ignorant about what they are selling and often get it totally wrong, sometimes cutting off the customer from phone and broadband.
So I did what I expect BT wanted me to do - accept the online renewal offer and pay more than a new customer.
It stinks, but it seems that is BT's business plan.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

@Map3st3r this is covered by the offers for new customers include various levels of discount. So when they say, "never pay more...." They actually mean "you'll pay the same price if we took away all of the discounts but we'll never actually do that". 

Message 6 of 13

I thought it was now illegal for companies to offer new customers a better price than existing ones renewing. If BT is offering new customers discounts then legally they should offer existing renewing customers the same discounts.
I still think that BT get round this by offering renewing customers a slightly different deal with a few extra (but of very low value) "features". They may not want these but they are given no opportunity to refuse them.
Message 7 of 13

So from the screenshots it's the age old halo vs non halo, price promise only applies to similar halo packages & not the standard ones

Message 8 of 13

The screenshots were taken the BT site today ( Bt.com ) and my gmail account the renewal was emailed to.

I try'd to screenshot the whole web page but the forum says its too large of an image so I snipped the top of the browser

Map3st3r_3-1708627250876.png

I'll have to try phoning them tomorrow. Or wait until after they increase there prices in March and see what the deals are then, plus I'll be out of contract.  This renewal is asking me I want to renew early.

Looks like currently they are charging me nearly double what a new customer can have the same product and the renewals only a 10 GBP discount off of the already higher price than what is offered to new customers.

A price promise should be exactly what it sounds like.  Find the same product at a cheaper price as pay that price.
In my 1st posts screen shots it shows where BT say never pay more than a new customer, but here I am nearly paying double and will then be locked into that inflated price for 2 more years.

Map3st3r_4-1708628031077.png

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

@garybs29wrote:

So from the screenshots it's the age old halo vs non halo, price promise only applies to similar halo packages & not the standard ones

@garybs29  is correct, you're comparing a Halo package to a non Halo package, apples and pears as they say.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

If images are too large to upload just use a free image optimiser.

E.G. http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx 

0 Ratings