cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 13

Re: Do you do a price promise on your own renewal quotes?

"you're comparing a Halo package to a non Halo package, apples and pears as they say."

That's true, but the problem is when BT offer a renewed contract to an existing HALO customer, they never offer the non-HALO deal, and there is no way online that you can access the non-HALO deal.
You have to phone them and grapple with an agent who may of may not know what he/she is doing - and may manage to cut you off completely or lose your existing phone number.
I strongly suspect that this is a deliberate policy by BT to keep people on higher price deals than they really need or want.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 13

so what I need to do is cancel my fibre 900 package and then sign up for the fibre 900 package.   Halo or not Halo I'm not really bothered if the word halo is in the description as long as its 900 down and 110 up.

The BT web site advertises 44.99 for 900 down 110 up. That is the package I'd prefer to renew to.  I cannot find the 80.82 GBP package I'm currently paying for anywhere on BT's site

or alternatively when the contracts up. I cancel , leave BT and got back to virgin for 18mths on their 1130 down 104up package for 45 quid which will be better than 70 GBP renewal for BTs 900 /110 fibre

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 13

just an update on this. I let the contract expire then phoned up about renewals.  It turns out that if you renew online you cannot remove halo which seems to be most of the additional cost making my package nearly twice as expensive as a new customer.

So over the phone I've renewed without Halo for same 900 / 110 package for 49 GBP which is much better that the 80 GBP I m currently paying for the same service.

The only difference is it now branded as EE broadband supplied by BT.  Hopefully it works as good as it did for the past 2yrs.  I've download the the EE phone app but that so far appears to be completely useless and doesnt work for most of the time, just has a msg saying please try later.  On the google play store it has 1 star reviews so perhaps its never worked properly for everyone.

The renewal went fairly smoothly , the accepting the T&C's didnt.  A link was sent to my phone and I think a combination of my adblockers and firewall rules made it not work.  I guess it was trying to do some extra phishing & telemetry harvesting whilst also providing a text document of the T&C's.