cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Downgrade Package

Go to solution

Dear Community,

I did a regrade of my Broadband and Phone package last June which was a new contract for 24 months. I am currently on Full Fibre 300 with Halo 3+, Complete WiFi, Hybrid Connect and Anytime Calls @ £54.75 per month.  Is there anyway I can change to a cheaper package?

Kind Regards,

Nigel

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Downgrade Package

Go to solution

If you're 7 months into a 24 month term a downgrade to a cheaper package is unlikely, you could try calling the Loyalty team but as you're not in the recontracting window the system won't unlock cheaper.

Do you need your unlimited minutes calling plan ? you could downgrade that as it's an addon, if you use the landline you might be better off keeping it though, PAYG would see you pay 20p per minute which is £12 per hour, check your bills to see how many minutes each month you use.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thank you Ritchie,

What is the recontracting window incidentally?

Nigel

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

@nige289wrote:

Thank you Ritchie,

What is the recontracting window incidentally?

Nigel

Last 3 months of the minimum term.

Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Hi,

It is cheaper to pay the penalty and cancel the contract.

There are many cheaper deals on the market with better customer service than BT.

Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

@SpSonicwrote:

It is cheaper to pay the penalty and cancel the contract.

You joined today just to post that, odd thing to do but also wrong, post info you know to be true, mistakes can cost people a lot of money.

The OP already stated he pays around £55 per month, there's a small discount plus no VAT to cease early, roughly speaking the early termination fees would be around £700 as they stated they are 7 months into a 24 month term.

Even if they managed to find a phone, broadband and calls provider for £25 per month, that would save them £30 per month, most ISPs are 24 month terms, so £30 saving x 24 months = £720

Factor in the early termination fees and you're £20 better off, most providers when joining have postage charges for new equipment and some an activation fee, if they total more than £20 you've made a loss but have shelled out £700, hardly worth it.

Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

I have just spoken to BT and I have Full Fibre 500 with Halo 3 and I am only 6 months down the line from starting my contract. It only costs £300/-

Compared to the overall saving it is way better to cancel the contract and get a cheaper deal from BT or another provider. 

In the current financial climate, it is definitely the better option as BT doesn't allow downgrades. 

Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

What does the date of joining have to got to do with anything?

I am a BT customer and I am expressing my opinion!!

Everyone can see nearly 1800 other customers are also thinking of downgrading. 

Wonder why?

Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

@SpSonicwrote:

What does the date of joining have to got to do with anything?

Your first post was this thread and with incorrect info, work the termination fees out yourself www.bt.com/earlytermination

@SpSonicwrote:

I am a BT customer and I am expressing my opinion!!

As am I, except my advice won't potentially cost someone several hundred pounds.

@SpSonicwrote:

Everyone can see nearly 1800 other customers are also thinking of downgrading.

Again no, someone viewing this page doesn't count as someone thinking of downgrading, I've viewed it several times, I have no wish to downgrade or leave.

Richie_0-1667388591892.png

Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Information provided to me was provided by the BT helpline staff in the Billing and Loyalty teams. 

If you are telling me that my information is wrong, that means BT helpline gave me the wrong information?

I don't think so. You are just desperately trying to prevent customers from leaving.