cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Early cancellation fee

Go to solution

Hello.

I've moved over from Virgin to BT and have been charged an early activation fee from Virgin for leaving early.  BT said they will pay this after the 2 week cooling off period.  This might be a silly question, but I'm curious to know.  Do BT pay the  money straight into my bank account, or does it go on my bill?   It's quite a lump sum I have to pay and it's going to leave me a little short for the month.   Thanks everyone.  🙂

Louise.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Early cancellation fee

Go to solution

The switching offer is by invite only, do you have the email/letter inviting you to switch? that will contain the email address to send a copy of your final bill, which confirms the early termination fee from your previous provider.

If you meet the criteria then BT will credit your BT account up to £200 for any early termination for phone and broadband services, mobile and TV are excluded in the switching offer.

You do have to claim this, it's not applied automatically and there is (I think) a 3 month deadline for claims from when the service is activated.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Early cancellation fee

Go to solution

Hello, 

Thanks for replying.  Yes, I have an email inviting me to switch.  Thanks for answering, it's been a help.

0 Ratings