cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Elderly person being charged £93/month

I see this is a common complaint here so I'll add to the list.

I'm dealing with the financial affairs for an elderly person. I found an email from BT saying that their broadband price is rising to £81/month + £12 for an "unlimited call" package. I've discovered that they've been paying around £85/month for several years now. This is an 82-year-old person living on their own who uses broadband for one computer that's next to the router.

I've been on the phone to BT all afternoon about this. Everyone is sympathetic and angry about what has happened, but I just keep getting left on hold and then I have to start again with a new person.

Can someone at BT take ownership of this?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Elderly person being charged £93/month

@meejahor 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers and will not be able to deal with any issues relating to that account.

Do you have POA for that person?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

@Keith_Beddoe 

Hi Keith. Thank you. Yes I do.
After posting this message I got through to someone at BT who was able to help me to some extent, although he said he'd have to call me back on Monday which to be honest I'm sceptical about.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

@meejahor 

Have you registered the Power of Attorney for the account with BT?
If not then email a copy to POA@bt.com as this will help speed things up. What Power of Attorney (PoA) does BT accept? | BT Help
If you've previously registered it with BT, then post back here and a moderator should be able to assist.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

@Keith_Beddoe 

I'm registered with BT as having authority to administer the person's account.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@meejahor 

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

@Keith_Beddoe 

Thank you Keith, much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@meejahor I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Neil

0 Ratings