cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 28

Openreach has laid full fibre to the house but BT won't send an engineer to connect it

Openreach closed our village for a week to lay fibre to each of our cottages. BT however are in denial of this happening and will not send an engineer to connect the final part which is into our house.  My neighbours already have had their providers out and are now connected to Full Fibre so why not BT?

0 Ratings
27 REPLIES 27
Message 2 of 28

Re: Openreach has laid full fibre to the house but BT won't send an engineer to connect it

@MidlandsButternut 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Residential phone and broadband customers.

Have you actually placed an order with BT? Nothing will happen until you do.

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 28

Re: Openreach has laid full fibre to the house but BT won't send an engineer to connect it

I'm not able to as 'the computer says no' where full fibre availability is concerned.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 28

What does the availability checker show, please post the results, and any notes at the bottom.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 28

Are you sure it was actualy Openreach who have provided FTTP to your area? An AltNet could be using PIA to supply you.

BT don't have any engineers to send to you. If FTTP was available via Openreach then it would be Openreach that arranges your connection, if available.

If you use the address checker you've been given it will show what Openreach say is available to you. It is not a matter of the computer saying no.

If it is an AltNet using the Openreach Infrastructure to supply their own FTTP then you will have to find out which company is supplying it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 28

I'm trying to snip & paste but having problems posting it - bear with me please
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 28

I can't seem to paste the screenshot but it does say 'FTTP On Demand', do you need any further information?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 28

FTTPod is not the same product, if as you say some your near neighbours have already ordered and had  FTTP installed, not necessarily from BT but other  Openreach based providers , put a neighbour ( next door neighbour preferably ) into the checker and see the difference, it should show WBC FTTP , 

there should also be an entry like this , ( this is an address with a UG ducted feed and FTTP already installed ) 

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues.

ONT exists with active service. A spare port may be available or a single port ONT may be swappable to a multiport ONT. Network is at capacity so a new ONT cannot be ordered.

If your neighbours can either order native FTTP or already have had it installed and the likelihood is that you should also be able to order but can’t because the DSL checker says it unavailable to you , that suggests an issue ( data problem ) with your individual address, so is there anything unusual, like all your neighbours have house numbers but yours is known by a name and not a number ? 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 28

FTTP on Demand is a business product that Openreach supply. It is a bespoke product for those that order it and is paid for by the customer and can cost thousands of pounds. As far as I am aware BT do not sell that product.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 28

I have checked my neighbours, 2 doors down have the same as me on the checker, however, the remainder of the row (4 dwellings) have the following;
WBC FTTP FTTP Install Process 1st Stage
''Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed potential Line of sight problems.

ONT exists with active service. A spare port may be available or a single port ONT may be swappable to a multiport ONT. A new ONT may be ordered.''
OR
FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.
0 Ratings