cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

End of contract soon

Go to solution

Hi,

My contract is coming to an end 4th of June, does that mean i can switch provider on the 4th?

(Edited by mod)

Thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: End of contract soon

Go to solution

@kpovey47 

You are not allowed to post competing price comparisons.

Separate line rental no longer applies as its included in all broadband prices, so any broadband price quoted by BT Retail is all you pay, so be careful if you make price comparisons, as I think you may have made an error in your calculations. You would still be on a copper line unless you are getting FTTP, and FTTP prices still include line rental.

Speak to BT on 0800 800 030 and see what they can offer on renewal.

You do not have a phone service, you can get broadband only, which is £5 cheaper.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I apologize for the price bit, so i can change provider on the 4th?

I will not be staying with BT, i was one of the first in my area to take up FTTC when it became available and speeds were great, 62 down / 14 up, then gradually went downhill, engineer came out, found a faulty copper line from pole to house, replaced and master socket  5c version, great again and went downhill again, faulty 5c socket.

I'm lucky if i get above 50 nowadays, i'm not going to request another DLM reset, when you have to deal with the likes of "imjolly".

So, if i can have answer to my original question i'll be happy and on my way.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

In answer to your original question, yes you can.

Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you sir.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

When you do move any line problems will go with you so will then be dealing with a new ISP and community who may not be as good as BT. If you are still experiencing problems it will be worth the faff to try and get it sorted now.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I've redone the house with new CW1308 3 pair, with standard socket and rhino adsl filter and tested, all is good.

Thank you for your concern 😉 (only a DLM reset will help me now, but that is supposed to be automated after a couple weeks iirc)

0 Ratings