cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

End of my tether with a home moves after home was flooded last year

Our home was flooded last May due to a storm.  We lost everything downstairs, in the garage and both cars. It was a horrific experience. We did not expect the nonsense we have been put through by BT when moving out temporarily through no fault of our own.

The wifi and telephone stopped working on 9th May when the flood happened. We needed a simple home move of telephone and internet to a temporary property in the same area code.  This took from the beginning of June to Mid August to resolve.  The case was escalated and it was eventually resolved mid August after which compensation was discussed.  Compensation was added to our account. We were never informed of the landline number so it wasn't used. The case was closed and we were promised the same would not happen when we returned.  The same hasn't happened. It is worse. Must worse.

In February 2024 we were able to return home.  I contacted BT at the beginning of the month to start the move process.  From then on it has failed week on week.  From time to time they have cut off the phone line and internet to our office instead of connecting the house. The case has not escalated. Yesterday we received texts to say the house phone and Wifi are now working. It isn't.  The router is orange and we can not connect the digital phone.   

We live in rural Somerset and we don't have mobile data to use. I have two teenage girls, 1 doing GCSE's and 1 doing A-levels.  They can't do their school work.  It has been 11 weeks now and customer services have been simply useless. 

As I say all other utilities, authority and the insurance team have been wonderful under the circumstances. BT have been an utter joke and do not have an ounce of empathy.

If a BT forum leader reads this. Please contact me to help resolve this.  

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: End of my tether with a home moves after home was flooded last year

BT have told my husband this morning they don't have a complaints team/department.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: End of my tether with a home moves after home was flooded last year

Hi @stonkingbonkers,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. Having read your post, you and your family have had a rough time recently with the flooding and I'm sorry that BT has added to this. If you send me your details, I'll take a look at what's happening with your order and I'll do my best to get you reconnected as quickly as possible.

I have sent you a private message with instructions for contacting the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings