cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Error on BT Website Security Questions when trying set up as account manager

I have a problem with the BT website
I am trying to register so as to Manage another account.
Security question What was the street where you grew up at.
Answer is Isel Road
Website says
The answer you've entered is invalid. Please try again using only words.
I am partially deaf so phoning is not really an option for me and
I cannot find an email address that will help me.image_2024-03-11_104829487.png

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Error on BT Website Security Questions when trying set up as account manager

I suspect that it is expecting a single word answer & doesn't like the space.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Re: Error on BT Website Security Questions when trying set up as account manager

Hi @celdor welcome to the community and thanks for posting. As @rbz5416 has mentioned only single-word answers are accepted. Are you able to choose an alternative question or just type Isel?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Thanks I tried that and it may have worked. 

Bit ridiculous though, my current address is three separate words. So 2 spaces.

Anyway it moved on  and ok until the last question where it asks for a Mobile

Number  that I have constant access to, so they can help if I forget the previous questions.

I dont have that so entered the landline number  which , unlike several banks and .gov

offices  it wont accept.    I have left it blank and it does complete BUT then

celdor_0-1710160025649.png

So I dont know if that is  at their end or it doesnt like the blank mobile  or it still doesnt like

the  street    input as       isel

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@NeilO 

It does seem rather poorly thought out to present a question that can have a multi-word answer, that is then restricted to a single word response. Maybe some feedback is in order?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

@celdor I agree and have fed back the single-word answer for the street name question as it is normal to have more than one word in this instance. 

You can leave the mobile blank, I've just tested it and was able to register without a problem.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Thanks for the replies.

This really is Rocket Science and I am pretty much unqualified.

I abandoned the street name   with or without a capital letter and switched to my first pet.

Left the mobile number blank as suggested and  and still get

celdor_0-1710163090217.png

I will log out of anything BT related and delete all cookies then  will try later 

all this because although the customer pays £3 a month for a paper Bill

BT no longer attach a call sheet.  (Maybe they have not for years) They have billed for mobile calls  and she maintains she doesnt have a mobile. so that is going to be interesting.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

I had the same problem when trying to change a security question.  The site seems to not recognize a space between words.  I wanted to enter a brand of car and a mark. Once I removed the mark and only entered the brand it was fine. I don't know how you will be able to just put in Isel without Road. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

@celdor post back and let me know if clearing your cookies and cache works.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

@NeilO    No it did not work .   That is with my  pets name   2 or three attempts at  different recovery emails  and   a valid mobile phone.  Still says they are having technical difficulties.

Only thing I havent  said here is that I am applying to Manage the account   The Owner

doesnt have an account so could  I try applying as owner?

..................................................................................................................................

As an aside I did get a scare when coming back here  as I have been BANNED  reason SPAM.

Tried a few times ditched cookies  etc  no luck.  I then spotted that My VPN was on .  Earlier

I had  been wanting to look at Princess Cruises in OZ  and  without the VPN it  always comes

up with the UK site which  doesnt have the info I need.

So the reason for being banned was not spam - it would have been useful if it said  Using VPN?

0 Ratings