cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Escalation of insanely bad Customer Service

In brief...

- A month ago I switched from BT Broadband and TV to EE Broadband and TV in a transaction that included 3x mobile phones / sim amounts for circa £160 a month for 24 months. 

- A few weeks back I received notification of £300+ worth of charges from BT and raised a case - over a week in advance - to ensure this did not happen. (I was assured it wouldn't because a) charges were not applicable as i'd moved to EE - part of the same organisation - and b) there was sufficient time to stop the transaction.) 

- Fast forward to now and OBVIOUSLY the charge of over £300 has been made and i'm now deep in to an unauthorised overdraft.  Not happy Part 1. 

Having used Live Chat for Part 1 (easily, despite clearly unsuccessfully) I've just attempted to resolve this again. 

Advisor No.1  

"Please take a clear overhead photo of each page of the old provider bill using a digital camera, or scan each page and send the files to us at : switch-team@ee.co.uk Please attach the bill which mentions the early termination fee charged. Also, ensure you include your EE order reference number in the subject line of the email. Please do not worry and be rest assured, Once team has received the email, They will notify you and assist you
with the claim of early termination fee of your old contract. Hope this helps?"

So because of the error you made...which I tried to resolve well in advance...I have to trawl for documentation I probably don't even have anymore...and photograph it...and send it to a mailbox and await a response? (Whilst still incurring overdraft fees?) 

Escalated to advisor No.2 and after yet more "scene-setting"...

"Thank you so much for explaining this to me. Let me check if I get any evidence for removing these charges."

EVIDENCE?!!! What about your own case-number?!?! Not Happy Part 2. 

Apparently the 'Executive Complaints' team have allowed "for this charge to be removed" (WOW!) but what about...

a) Failure to action the original request of not taking the direct debit - with more than a week's notice

b) Me having to challenge (and escalate) BT to get a refund for something that wasn't my fault.

c) me being overdrawn - and incurring charges - for circa 10 days by the time I receive my refund?

The response...

"I am afraid we cannot put any additional reward."

Absolutely mind-blown with how abysmal this interaction has been... Have been a customer for circa 12years - when Customer Service was really bad...but enjoyed a clear up-tick over recent years in quality and responsiveness. 

The experience of the last couple of weeks has been worse than it ever was previously. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Escalation of insanely bad Customer Service

@stevenrdowns 

As you are now an EE customer, you need to post on the EE forum https://community.ee.co.uk/

EE are a separate company within the BT Group.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Disagree.

BT Charged me £302 - when they said they wouldn't - and it's because of BT (not EE) that i'm accruing daily interest charges and having to escalate conversations just to recoup my money. Abysmal.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Why didn't you just make an indemity claim to your bank via the direct debit guarantee? This situation is what it's there for

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

The moral of this unfortunate story is NEVER accept an offer from BT to migrate you to EE, no matter what BT's agents promise you in terms of waived early contract termination fees and other goodies. They are on commission to convert BT customers to EE and will apparently promise anything to persuade customers to do so.