cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Exasperated By BT Customer Services

All I wanted to do is take over a line from my father (same address) and have BT Home Essentials 2.

I passeed the checks and was told I had to sign up as a new customer and number port my fathers old number back.

Changeover day and my fibre ported from plusnet ok.

BT though, have now ceased my fathers landline and have been told I can have my landline back for £25.99 month,

as I didnt ask for a landline when I signed up.

I have spoken to Newcastle, Cardiff, Belfast and Waterford and now they are listening back to the original conversation I had when i signed up and will take two days.

I wouldn't know about a number port, if we hadnt discussed the landline and free calls.

So I have no landline and who knows if BT will call back in two days.

Shocking service really.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Exasperated By BT Customer Services

@Tired1 

bit confused with post - has your father got broadband and phone with BT or plusnet?  it appears that you selected broadband only with the home essentials package hence the loss of the phone connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for your reply.

My father is in his late 70s and had BT Basic.

I had Plusnet Fibre on the same line @ the same address.

As I qualified for BT Home Essentials 2 I wanted to move everything in to my name.

I was told I had to do a cease on my fathers account with BT, as you cant transfer names.

That would cease the plusnet fibre.

I would then sign up as a new customer with fibre and landline and would do a number port the next day.

And everything would switch the same day.

I have the fibre, but no landline.

I didn't fill in the online form to request all these changes, a BT customer services rep done it for me over the phone.

Now BT are saying that I didn't request a landline. I did because how would I know about a number port, if I wasn't requesting a landline.

We have had the landline number for 20 years+ and now have no landline at all.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

you must have received an email setting out your package and you need to check to see if it includes phone as there are now broadband only deals

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Tired1 and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry there's been a mix up with the order. You've mentioned a promised call back so it sounds like this is being looked into but if you don't get that call please let me know and we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

Message 6 of 6

Thanks David.

I'm calming down a bit now.

I think It was that I was promised a phone call back, this morning and that didn't happen.

Also having to spend  over an hour repeating it different people drove me nuts.

I also think the final insult was when they said you would have pay an extra £6 for a BT mistake, was the catalyst.

If no-one contacts me by weekend, I make take you up on the offer David.