cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Expensive Upgrade!

I took advantage of the Black Friday deal and upgraded my Full Fibre 100 to the 500 for an extra £2 a month. All went well and my desktop is getting 500 download on Ethernet. My wife’s IPad is getting nearly 300 but my 9 yr old iPad can only manage about 100, which is what I got before.

Looks like a good excuse to treat myself to a newer iPad for Christmas so £2 is gonna cost me over £400 now!

It’s only money they say and at 76 I’m spending the kids inheritance. Happy Christmas 🎄 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Expensive Upgrade!

Out of interest, what can you now do with the 500 package that you could not do with the 100 package apart from treat yourself to a new iPad?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Screenshot_20221121_121128.png

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Not a lot, Gg...

It was, however, getting slower and various sites were throwing up the ‘page has encountered an error and will reload’ message. One favourite site in particular wasn’t liked by my older iPad and I was becoming frustrated at the endless delays so hope a newer machine will cure it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I’m happy with the new iPad. Got lots more space, sites load without having to constantly reload, it’s more responsive and download speed is over 300 so to me it’s been money well spent, especially as price is now £34 more on John Lewis.