cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 23

Re: FTTP Installation delays

Thanks. BT have said that I will be paid £5.25 per day of delay, so far 65 days! Also they have already paid £52 for missed appointments. BT says that Openreach pay them the compensation so they are not worried.

I wonder how much compensation Openreach pay on a National level for delay and missed appointments? We need traffic lights and some additional ducting in the verge and one of the excuses is delay in setting up traffic lights. Strangely our neighbour who is about 100 metres away needed a blocked duct cleared for his fibre installation and Openreach set up lights 2 weeks ago. Common sense would suggest they would combine his work and mine in one operation to save the cost of multiple traffic lights but that is obviously too difficult to organise!!

The costs of all these delays and inefficiencies must be enormous and we, the consumer, are ultimately paying.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

Openreach didn't pay my compensation... incredibly inept...BT paid me, and informed openreach to ensure I wasn't paid twice..

I was diligent in complaining..BT twice closed my complaint as resolved..I re-opened the complaint until the full compensation was paid 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

My complaint has been handed to the so called Executive complaints team and I was given the name of a contact. He was supposed to call me last week to update me but guess what, no contact. I subsequently emailed him and yet again no response.

I looked on MyBt website today and all I can see is that Digital Voice will now be activated on April 3rd, another 3 weeks. Normally they extend the activation date by 1 week but now they have increased it to 3 weeks! 

This will make it 95 days late if it ever happens.

I have now emailed the BT CEO but judging by my past experiences I am not holding my breath about receiving any help.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 23

Hi, did this ever get sorted?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

Hi,

We were eventually connected in June! Compensation has been received however if the whole operation had been more efficient all parties would have been happy and Openreach would have saved having to pay out. The initial  planning was wrong when fibre was installed in the road, it terminated 20 Metres from the duct going into our house. This resulted in having to add an additional duct in the road. It was decided a road closure was required to install the duct. This took 3 months to decide a road closure was required then an additional 2 months to get permission.

After raising a complaint with the CEO I was given a contact person who was very helpful and always kept me updated.

The issue now is to get wifi working correctly. I have a 920 Mbs connection via ethernet to my PC but wifi is not brilliant. When the engineer came to check the Halo connection he pointed out that the BT Smart Hub 2 can only handle around 500 Mbs at the best so any wifi is going to be significantly degraded from that speed. The best wifi speed I am seeing is around 200 Mbs but generally it is sub 100 Mbs. Having a fast connection is fine using ethernet but if you want fast wifi speeds then the Smart Hub does not seem to be the answer.

If anyone has any suggestions on this I would be very interested in them.

Message 16 of 23

@GJMAC wrote:

When the engineer came to check the Halo connection he pointed out that the BT Smart Hub 2 can only handle around 500 Mbs at the best so any wifi is going to be significantly degraded from that speed.

Really?

So how is it I can get 866M from an SH2.

wifispeed.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 23

I’m only repeating the comments of the engineer sent by BT to set up the Halo wifi! I have never seen much over 500Mbs wifi measured adjacent to the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 23

So how is it I can get 866M from an SH2.

And this is coming from somebody who posted this...

I have absolutely no idea what anybody would do with 2.5Gb on a residential service!!!

So, we have absolutely no idea why you would want a service that gives you that WiFi speed, let alone using a modern device with WiFi 6 🤔 

@GJMAC 

If delays were taking that long, instead of waiting for BT, you should have gone and put in a complaint to the ombudsman services here:

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

Through communication section:

https://www.commsombudsman.org/

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 23

@infinitywaiter  Do you not understand the difference between demonstrating what a device is capable of and what one needs?

My broadband speed is only 44M, I was merely pointing out that the Smart Hub2 WiFi Phy speed is capable of 866M despite claims to the contrary.

Message 20 of 23

I was on the point of complaining to the Ombudsman but  you have to wait 8 weeks to raise a complaint. By that time it was becoming clear that Openreach would not carry out the work without a road closure which takes 3 months to obtain through the Council so there wasn't much to be gained.

0 Ratings