cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 18

Delayed Installation FTTP

Hello 

I ordered broadband on 16th May 23, still no connection yet. The engineer came to install the inside work needed on the house a week or so later.. great. 

After 10+ phone calls to BT , and being told every time that the case will be reviewed in 7 days, I think I've given up now. BT did send us a 4g mini hub in the meantime which is ok, but cannot handle more than a few devices, the signal is not great where we live so very patchy. 

I've made a complaint, it's been escalated but how far I don't know. Very frustrating!! Just wondering if there is anything that can be done to speed up the process? Or has anyone had similar experience in my position where they  feel like the order is going anywhere?! Like banging your head against a wall ! 

The last phone call made to BT, the lady said in all honesty she doesn't know whether our installation will take place next week or next year. What a joke. Gives no reason from OR as to why the installation can't be done. 

Just for some background, the pole opposite the house has fibre on it. Next door has FTTP. The green box is at the end of the road. So it is possible to get FTTP. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18

Re: Delayed Installation FTTP

@maseb 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

FTTP comes from the exchange and not from the cabinet.

Has an ONT been fitted yet, if so, what lights are showing on it?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Hello @Keith_Beddoe 

The ONT has been fitted and just the power light is on. 

The fibre cable has not been run from the pole to the house yet. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 18

Presumably your address shows FTTP availability otherwise you shouldn’t be able to order FTTP with BT or anyone else ( assuming it’s on the Openreach network ) , post your address details from the checker

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Use the address option , the info required should look something like this

Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential UG Feed with no anticipated issues. ( this is for an house with a ducted feed ) 

The checker should also indicate a single or KCI2 ( two stage ) install what does your address state ?

If your address is served overhead from the same pole that neighbours that have already had FTTP installed, it’s difficult to imagine what the reason for the delay is unless it’s a line of sight issue , in other words something in the way between the pole and your address, it’s unlikely to be a capacity issue ( no spare ports for example ) as the network should be dimensioned so every address gets a port on a CBT ( the fibre block on the pole ) 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Hi @maseb, sorry you've not had a date for your connection to be completed yet and I can understand your frustration. 
With the case handler unable to confirm a connection date it sounds like there is still external work to be completed before you can be connected. Have you been told what is causing the hold up with your order?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

Hi @JohnC2 

There is still some external work to be completed, Its frustrating as we get no response as to why the hold up is. Every time we phone up its the same answer- ''We will get an update in 7 days''. I think thats the 4th time now 😞 i will post the results from the broadband checker now. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 18

@iniltous 

"Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed potential Line of sight problems"

KCI2 Install. 

The confusing thing like i said is the pole opposite serves the neighbours house, and what will be ours. The copper cable previously connected came off the same pole. 😥

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

As can be seen from the survey note , line of sight issues , simply put , if you stood at the location of the pole and looked towards your property, there must be an obstruction, often it’s  trees , occasionally someone would have built an extension on a neighbouring property that means there is no longer the necessary separation between the dropwire from the pole for your ‘service’ , and the  wall/roof of that neighbouring property.

I would imagine that because this issue was spotted at survey ,  it’s why it’s a two stage install,the first visit isn’t the contractual date visit , the service delivery team should be organising the solution, tree problems can be relatively easy to solve , other issues could be more complicated, if your property is semidetached and that neighbour  has clear sight if the pole , you could enquire if they would accept your wire attaching to their property first , then running along the wall to your property but they are not obliged to 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

@iniltous 

Hmmm its very confusing as there is nothing in between the pole and the house. No trees or houses just simply going across a road! Annoying 😞

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 18

Cliff_0-1690105023751.gif

Re. Keith_Beddoe

FTTP comes from the exchange and not from the cabinet."

The more i read about FTTP the more confused i get.

I've done the home check & the exchange check.the home check says UG duct,congested.

The exchange check indicates my local exchange,about 1/2 mile from home.

I've read on this post that the fibre comes from the exchange to the pole & the poster indicates that his installation will probably be above ground.

The nearest pole that i can see regarding my home is about 150 mtrs as the crow flies.across a road,  a row of houses,access overhead is then blocked by very tall multiple trees.

I apologise if i am hijacking this post,but if you are saying that the fibre cable will not come from the cabinet (i'm on fibre from the cabinet) what duct are  openreach talking about when they say "UG duct congested.the  'phone cables to the property come  from the small green cabinet on the wall by the entrance road, duct must have been laid when the properties were  built,23 years ago.I was first in  ,i just plugged the phone into an existing socket.

But you are saying that fibre will not use the UG duct from the cabinet.

0 Ratings