cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

FTTP & Digital Voice

Recently BT have been pushing notices regarding Digtal Voice and recently the BT Pole has been replaced and had Fiber Optic installed to the Pole.

Over at https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL Recently FTTP has been added to the page 

MatthewG_1-1696963219977.png

Currently I can't seem to place an Order with BT Sky or TalkTalk ect. 
I have checked around the other street that have also had it Fiber Installed recently and they are availble to place an order.

As for Existing my instalations my Hub is in the hallway with Ethernet hardwired though the home, Can the ONT box be placed in another room with an Ethernet connecting to the SH2 WAN Port or will this cause an Issue? 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: FTTP & Digital Voice

@MatthewG- 

That is only Fibre On Demand, which is an expensive business only product. This has nothing to do with Digital Voice, which can run on FTTC and even ADSL.

You will have to stay with your FTTC broadband package.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@Keith_Beddoe 

Ahhh Okay

I did also do the same ADSL check with a street next me me they are connected to the same Cabinet Number and they have Fiber 900 with the same results. But BT only offer me Fiber Essential 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @MatthewG-   You are waiting for the checker to show WBC FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@VeteranISPUser 

Yeah, I see that now, The street next to me does say WBC FTTP and says FTTP Install Process Stage 1.

I hope it it will be avalible soon. FiberLines were attached and terminated to the pole last Monday and On Demand was added recently. 

I was thinking that bother Digital Voice and Fiber Upgrade were lauching at the same time. No Date has been given yet for Digital Voice 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

FTTP does not come from a cabinet.

0 Ratings