cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Failure after Failure by BT to set up account at new address (4 month wait)

From what was supposed to be a simple address move to a new property BT have;
1) Informed me that the move team did something wrong and the account had to closed and could not be moved.
2) set up a new account on the copper lines then within the month told me they had to close it because they couldn't set up a new account on copper lines only existing accounts (despite the fact that the account should be existed already and was only closed due to admitted agent error).
3) set up a 3rd account giving a early 2 month wait time for fiber to be installed due to needing to dig a section of the street. (the only thing that seems fair however as I was told in previous calls that Fiber was ALREADY AVAILABLE as one of the reasons for closing the account that ran on the old lines.
5) I was given a 5g combo hub which worked until we encounter error number 6
6) the Openreach  installation date was reached with no-one arriving to install into the house, this then got marked as a rejected install (???) and the line was cancelled, causing the combo hub to stop working and i was informed it could not be turned back on. 
7) I was told the cancellation was caused by Openreach moving the install around and causing it to crash in the system meaning that the install was never going to happen anyway. 
8 )We are now 4 months in and I have been informed that there is an executive complaints team (i was previously told by agents that there isn't any separate complaints focused team.
9) The complaints team set up account #4 and i have found out today they used the old address despite everything that has happened. 
10) ANOTHER mini hub was supposed to be sent out on the 28th, I found out by calling on the 1st that it had failed and a new order created. on the 3rd after calling up myself I am told there is a delay, no notice given to me at all and the department who manage the mini hubs refused to take my call over from CS. Oh and the executive complaints team still hasnt given me my promised call back from 3 days ago.

I am SHOCKED how incompetent BT has shown itself to be, I have been lied to multiple times by front line agents about the reason for any errors and the only reason I havn't cancelled everything already is i am waiting for the Openreach install so i have the cable running into my house for the next supplier to use. 

I hope anyone considering BT finds this so they know that for all the money that BT has put into marketing itself, in the background it is running on spit and duct tape with a seemingly malicious blind monkey at the helm.

0 Ratings