cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Renewing contract

Go to solution

Received email from BT today, informing me that my contract is about to end.

Part of the email says,

"Keep your current contract
If you're happy with your package, you won't have to do a thing."

I am indeed happy with my package and just want to renew it.

Do they really mean I don't have to do anything?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Renewing contract

Go to solution

If you don't do anything you will go onto a 30 day rolling contract.

You will however lose any discounts you may have been given for being on a fixed term contract.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
OK, thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I’d be surprised if your soon to expire contract will  ‘renew’ (  with a new minimum term ) if you do nothing , I can’t see how sending an email or letter can be sufficient ‘consent’ , imagine the argument, if someone subsequently cancels and is told that they are liable for upto 24 months early termination charges because they never responded to an email .

Its possible you may be in a position where you won’t see a price increase at the end of the current ‘deal’ ( and won’t see one until until March 2025 ) so in that respect you don’t have to do anything, you would continue to pay the same as you do now , but wouldn’t  be contractually bound ( and able to quit with a months notice ) .

The only industry that AFAIK can sent out a ‘if you do nothing we will renew’ is car insurance as it’s against the law to not have car insurance for a registered vehicle ( that isn’t SORN ) , but thats just my opinion, Zi think I would  be checking for sure ,
As stated  moving into a rolling 30 day notice to quit  ‘contract’ isn’t renewing in the accepted sense, as you wouldn’t have any obligation other than the 30 day notice period 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

You may get a better deal if you call BT 0330.1234.150 and try to negotiate a better price keeping your present package. If they won't better it you can then decide what to do.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for your advice - I'll phone them.
0 Ratings