cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Failure to close account

Hello,

I am using this forum out of pure frustration.

I have closed my account twice now, spent half of my day on the phone getting it sorted.

The first time I called to cancel my account, they told me the account would be closed in last week of Februray 2022.

Then a few months later I was going through accounts, and saw that my BT account was still active. I called them and they told they had no record of the cancellation and that I would have to pay the outstanding balance. As I had no desire to argue at the moment I paid this balance even though I had cancelled the service and had swtiched provider.

Now I get a letter through the mail from debt collecters asking me to pay the balance that I paid the second time I cancelled, and my BT account is still open!

What am I supposed to do? I don't want to spend all day the phone with them again, and I am definitely not paying anything more for a service I have not used in almost a year and was told had been closed!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Failure to close account

Hi, @ajk1 I'm really sorry to read about the issues you've experienced. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to get this looked into.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings