cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Fibre install nightmare

Hi - was supposed to have migrated over from VDSL to FTTP 3 days ago but service is still not working (PON light on ONT flashing green). Many hours spent on the phone to BT with promises that service will be up and running by the end of the day but still isn't. Won't send a minihub out as they keep promising the service will be up and running. Openreach are aware of a fault but no idea what the fault is or when it will be fixed and desperate as both myself and my wife WFH. Can anyone on here help or advise quickest way to resolve this please?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Fibre install nightmare

@The_Moggs 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators.

FTTP faults can take a long time to fix, owing the the complexity of the network.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks. Any advice on how to interact with BT/Openreach to escalate this would be more than welcome

thanks

Adrian

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

As you may be aware, they are both separate companies within the BT Group.

Openreach provide the network for many providers, and BT do not get any priority.

Unfortunately there is no way to escalate this, as BT will be waiting on an update from Openreach. I think the flashing PON means that its not authenticated at the head end, but other forum members may be able to give more info on that.

Is your VDSL connection still working?

I would chase BT up for a mini hub, as they normally supply one if there is likely to be a delay.

0 Ratings