cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Final bill and refund

I left BT for a new broadband and digital voice provider on 26-09-24. My BT account shows that I no longer have broadband but still says I have digital voice. My quarterly bill generated automatically on 14-10-24 said that I was owed £19. However it didn't say it was the final bill (in fact it said I'd get another bill in January). I've returned my router and received confirmation that it's been received by BT.

I've spoken to someone at BT who confirmed that they stopped providing me with all services on the 26th September. He said he'd arrange for a final bill to be sent but that was a week ago and nothing has been sent yet. Nor have I received any email from BT confirming that services have ended.

How long does it take to send the final bill and receive the refund?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Final bill and refund

Hi @Lee13,

Welcome to the BT Community 

When cancelling your final bill would be produced within 5 working days of cancellation. You should receive a refund of any credit balance within 14 days of the final bill being produced back to the last payment method you used. 

The final bill once produced should be visible within your MyBT, so it is outside the normal timescales for a final bill and cancellation refund if its not showing up there. Depending on when you spoke to the agent it would be outside the 5 working days for that request also. 

You mentioned your account still show digital voice active. If it is still showing as active now, it is likely that which is preventing the final bill and refund process from taking place as any active assets will prevent the process.

I would suggest reaching out to one of our guides again when you have the chance so they can access your account to check for any active products and get them cancelled for you if needed. If there are no active products and the final bill is still not being produced they can refer you to the data integrity team who will be able to get it resolved. 

Alex

Message 3 of 3

Re: Final bill and refund

Thanks Alex.

I spoke to someone at BT today. I explained that Digital Voice still appears to be active on MyBT. He checked and said that there are no active products on my account and that the Digital Voice service ended on the 6th October.

On enquiring why I hadn't yet received a final bill, he said that it would be generated between 30 and 37 days after the 6th October (considerably longer than the 5 days you mentioned below). I asked how long after that I could expect my refund, to which he replied "as soon as possible".

So I guess I need to sit tight until around the 6th November and keep my fingers crossed!!!

0 Ratings