cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

First bill question

I have received my first bill, on my account it states that it's already been paid and I don't owe anything, even when I go to pay the bill it says I don't owe anything, but nothing has come out of my account. My question is will the Direct Debit due on Monday still come out of my account or not?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: First bill question

Hi, @helsbelsco  welcome to the community and thanks for posting your question, I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you. If you've already set up a direct debit there's no need to worry. The payment is requested a couple of days before its collected from your bank and our systems will show nothing is owed to prevent you from paying twice.

If the bill mentions that the direct debit is due to be collected on Monday then that's the day the money will leave your bank account. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: First bill question

As Neil said, the payment is lodged with your bank a few days before it's released. It's normal for banks to ring fence that money if the funds are available ready for release on the due date. At this stage, BT are confident they'll receive your payment and update your account accordingly. 

If the funds aren't available by the due date, the payment will fail and BT reapply 7-10 days later. 

If it fails again, services are restricted and debt follow up commences.

0 Ratings