cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Forced switchover from BT to EE account

I rang BT this week for help in continuing with my (then) current Broadband / landline deal.  Rather than helping me do this, the agent switched me to an upgraded EE account, without providing me with full details of the implications.  I accept BT packages will probably soon disappear, but I wanted to keep mine as long as possible.  I'm told if I cancel my new EE  package and revert to BT I will be treated as a new customer and probably lose my current landline number.  I am very angry at not being given clear information about what I have signed up to and wonder if anyone has had a similar experience or advice on how I proceed.  BT / EE (the same call centre) say they do not escalate complaints, only record them for feedback purposes.  At the moment, they cannot even meet my request of emailing / posting my new contract details, so I still have nothing in writing about an agreed discount or the full T&Cs attached to the contract.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Forced switchover from BT to EE account

Unfortunately such reports are almost a daily occurance now.

Just use your cooling off period to switch to another provider. As long as you chooe one that offers telephony (not all do), there's no reason why you should lose your number. Although that can never be guaranteed.

Message 3 of 6

try contacting the retention team and see if they can sort things out for you  08007831401

if still no help then try links here to complain

https://www.bt.com/about/bt/policy-and-regulation/our-governance-and-strategy/codes-of-practice

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 6

@imjolly

Thank you so much for your suggestions.   I have downloaded the relevant booklet via the link and will ring the number you provided.  A shame my "guides" at BT/EE (same call agents whichever number you dial) didn't explain any complaint options.  They insisted any complaint they took from me would be opened / closed immediately and only used for "feedback purposes".  I know many will ask what I am complaining about here, when I appear to have been placed on a better package, but it's just not what I asked for, or for which am able to receive written contract details.  For some reason, their emails are not being delivered and apparently it is impossible for them to print off and send by post.

BTW - still can't see how to give "Thumbs Up" for responses - where on "left hand side"?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

you were on the wrong board so have move your posts/replies to the billing board 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Got it!
0 Ratings