cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Full Fibre 100 Billing issue

I finally got switched from Fibre 2 to Full Fibre 100 early March which is great and was promised back in November that I can keep the same BB price of £23.99.

However my March bill was wrong (undercharged probably due to the switchover) and now my April bill is a whopping £173!

I called BT on Saturday and got a callback who said he'd sorted it but the current bill is still showing as £173 which is going to severely hit my outgoings for the month.

Also I noticed that my contract now ends in March 2026 so looks like when I moved to full fibre they altered my contract from November but I wasn't expecting that either.

1000012097.png

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Full Fibre 100 Billing issue

When you upgrade, your contract normally automatically renews from the date of upgrade. But £173.58 does look excessive for Full Fibre 100 and for just one month. I think we have Full Fibre 500 for a fraction of that, but we only use BT for Broadband and don’t have a phone line anymore (no longer needed in the mobile phone age). From your screenshot, it looks like you have a Digital Voice package, too, which accounts for quite a large sum?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Check your call package. If you had 700 mins that's now dead. If you were then put on PAYG instead & are a heavy phone user that could explain a large chunk of it.

Probably best to call billing as obviously we can't see the whole breakdown.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

That would explain the £70.99 charge for phone calls. PAYG is very expensive if you make a lot of calls.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

I don't have a landline phone and my mobile is with EE

I think what's happened is they've charged me twice for full fibre @70.99 when it should have been 23.99 twice as agreed when I took out the 24mth contract last November 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

The £70.99 is a charge for BT Digital Voice. You may not have physical landline,  but do you have any digital phone handsets that are registered to the BT Smart Hub 2, or a phone plugged into the phone socket on the back of the hub.

If you ordered a broadband only package, then there would have been no reference to Digital Voice, so your bill makes no sense.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

If your broadband was really £23.99 & you have no landline, what is the other £24.99 for in February?

Are you, or have you been on Line Rental Saver?

Download the full bills for February, March & April & you should be able to see exactly what you've been billed for.

But your screenshot clearly shows £70.99 as a regular charge for DV, which as @Keith_Beddoe said, makes no sense at all.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

I have no digital phones plugged into my EE HUB. 

I was paying 23.99 for Fibre 2 and 24.99 for TV services. This shouldn't have changed.

..the only difference since March is I've gone from Fibre 2 to Full Fibre 100 but was promised the BB bill would remain the same. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Please edit your screenshot to remove phone number.

You are showing that you do have a landline number, hence the Digital Voice charges. Perhaps there is a DECT handset registered to the hub.

You mentioned an EE hub, are you actually an EE customer now?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Well I don't even need that number...been with BT for years and have never had or needed a landline.

All I ever use is broadband and TV.

I am a BT customer still but mobile was moved to EE and BT sent me an EE smarthub before i was moved to full fibre 100.

0 Ratings