cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Unable to verify My BT account

Hi,

I am have recently joined BT and so I’m a new customer, on behalf of my 92 year old grandparent.

I'm trying to setup an account so I can view her bills and give them to her eventually. (Engineer is coming on Friday)

The problem I’m having is I can log into my account and it says I'm logged on but it asks me to verify my account. I receive an email with an activation link and the BT webpage asks me to enter my date of birth. I enter my grandparents date of birth and I get an error message saying "That doesn’t match your original answer. Please try again (1/5 attempts left)".

I called the helpdesk and confirmed on the account it is her correct DOB but it just won’t let me verify. The helpdesk don’t seem to understand how to fix the issue?!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Unable to verify My BT account

Hi @Bedders24, welcome to the forum and sorry this is happening. 

If you have another email address try setting up a new BTID with the 'Holder status' option at Create BT ID and it should work ok. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for that, but holder status??

do you mean take the option of managing someone else account?

if so, I have gone into that and in the personal details so I put mine or my grandmothers?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Bedders24, the first BTID account would need to be set up as 'Account Holder' as they would need to authorise any request to manage the account from someone else.

Hope that explanation helps.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

well that’s all I’m trying to do, just use my email as that is down as the main email on the account, but all of her details.

my email is the account holder and that’s what I’m saying, when I’m trying to verify it, the DOB doesn’t get accepted.

ill be honest, no that doesn’t really explain and I’m no further trying to set this account up

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Bedders24, thanks for trying to get this set up. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you complete this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings