cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Full Fibre Avalability

My village is served via the Hartford Exchange in Cheshire and that is Full Fiber enabled, half of my village is now receiving full fiber but the other half isn't, why would that be at CW8 4, i cant get any response from BT or Openreach, my current fiber/copper connection id overhead so not sure why they have stopped the build out as there are other areas of the village not served that use underground cabling, complete mystery 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Full Fibre Avalability

@Bodgeit1 

Use the address checker on the page below, and post the results, but edit out your address details first.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

You may also find this link helpful https://www.telecom-tariffs.co.uk/codelook.htm?xid=124204&cabinets=12366

Message 3 of 8

Bodgeit1_0-1715605217706.png

says Hartford exchange served by cabinet 23

not sure what the chart tells me though?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

It’s possible they’re still in Build Phase and just haven’t got round to your part of Town yet.

As soon as a PON is Built Openreach will Commission it almost immediately, they’ll not wait for an entire Exchange Area to be built first.

It’s like a New Build Housing Development. They don’t wait to build every house before selling them and moving the residents all in at once.

Message 5 of 8

@Bodgeit1 

Just a fast VDSL connection available, so you must be very close to the cabinet.

I would imagine that Openreach are not going to treat that as a priority for FTTP.

Message 6 of 8

thanks for the help

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Proximity to an FTTC Enabled PCP for either just VDSL or even G.Fast has absolutely no bearing on when or where Openreach will deploy FTTP.

Literally all Openreach care about is hitting the Highest THP Figures at the Cheapest possible cost.

In fact those with slower FTTC or even ADSL Speeds don’t even factor into it when it comes to Planning.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

The fact Openreach decide to install in one part of a village is no guarantee that they will install in the other. It’s all done on a house by house basis and what is going to maximise returns.

Sometimes they will install in one area, then go away and return 18 months later to do some more…

0 Ratings