cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Full Fibre Install Delay

Hey everyone, so I ordered FTTP and my engineer appointment was on Friday. The engineer arrived and he said he needed to wait for another engineer to arrive to start. The 2nd engineer didn't arrive so he said it was too dark to start now and that he'd reschedule for Tuesday morning (today). No one has arrived and I have called the engineer who was here on Friday and he said he will speak to a manager and get back to me. 

I've waited all day and the whole household has adapted their schedule for the installation and it doesn't look like it'll be done today.

Is there any advice anyone could offer?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Full Fibre Install Delay

@mrdaveyy 

What date has BT Retail given you for service activation, it should be on your order confirmation?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

2nd December! But now since the rescheduled appointment which was supposed to be today it's changed to 20th December

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Its not likely you can much about it, as this month is a very busy time for Openreach. The main thing is that you have been given a new date.

If you have 4G mobile coverage, you can ask BT to send a 4G hub with data until your service is activated. This will need to be returned once your service is working.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

The thing is I saw they put through on the system that I missed my original appointment which is not correct and now they've also missed the rescheduled one! 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

@Keith_Beddoe Called the Full Fibre order line and they were able to move up the date to next Tuesday so I was able to do something, and since they missed the appointment twice I may be entitled to compensation

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi @mrdaveyy and thanks for posting.

I hope the installation goes to plan next Tuesday, please keep us updated. You would of course be entitled to compensation for the missed appointments. That should be added automatically up to 30 days after everything is closed off.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@DavidM thank you for your reply!!

So just had my engineer appointment. They said we need a survey done to see about digging up my garden because my parents would rather not have a new overhead cable at our house lol and our existing underground cable is not in a duct/tube/conduit and is just buried so there's no way to feed the new full fibre wire through.

They will arrange this, do you have any idea how long it could take? 🙂

0 Ratings