cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full Fibre Renewal Price vs New Customer

Currently on 300mb Full Fibre with Halo 3 (which I don't use or have never needed to) paying £49 a month (this goes up to £56 in a few weeks). Contract ends in 22 days. Just spent 30mins on the phone to BT and the best price I could get was still £50 for 500mb or £52 for 900mb.

Whereas, when you look at new customer deals with 500mb and a phone it's currently £35.99 (minus Halo 3, don't want that anymore anyway)

Vodafone currently offer 500mb for £30 and phone. Although I don't really want to set up new routers and switch, but I don't think I have much choice if I can save £264 a year.

BT also says this below - Price Promise. I certainly didn't get that on the phone with BT.

Screenshot 2023-03-16 165919.pngScreenshot 2023-03-16 170039.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full Fibre Renewal Price vs New Customer

@danielrcwrote:

BT also says this below - Price Promise. I certainly didn't get that on the phone with BT.

It's a Halo price promise, it means an existing Halo customer will never pay more than a new customer ordering Halo on a like for like package.
You're comparing Halo plans to non-Halo plans.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

The problem is I can't seem to get off Halo anymore. Why didn't they offer a non-Halo package?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Did you get this sorted in the end with bt or did you go elsewhere?

I'm in the same boat, 61.24 for full fibre 300 and they are offering new customers 900 plus Xbox ultimate for 40.00

I never wanted or needed halo3 but as an early adopter it was the only one at the time.

Message 5 of 5

I'm in the same boat... Paying 84£ a month and up for a renewal in 3 weeks, as a new customer I'd be paying less than half for the same speeds... I'm with BT for more than 5 years, sad to see how BT treats existing customers.

0 Ratings