cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Closing an account

Go to solution

Not sure if this is the right board.

My mum has moved from her current address into permanent residency in a local care home and no longer needs her BT landline. How do we go about closing the account down?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Closing an account

Go to solution

Call customer services
0330 1234 150

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

@Turn3rP 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

If she still has mental capacity, then she can call BT and ask for the line to be ceased.

If you have a registered POA, then you can do that yourself.

If you have any problems, then a moderator should be able to help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
TVM. No mental capacity, no POA but currently going through Deputyship route which could take months. Tenancy of flat ends 31 July so need to end account from that date or she'll continue to get billed for not living there. How do I get in touch with a moderator?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

That may prove difficult, as BT would need verbal permission from the account holder.

I will see if a moderator can help.

Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Turn3rP,

I am so sorry to hear about your Mum and the situation that you are in trying to get this all cancelled.

We will do our best to guide you here. I'm going to send you a private message that you can reply back to my team on.

Thank you
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for taking the time to chat with me this afternoon, @Turn3rP

I am really pleased I could help get this resolved.  I appreciate these are difficult times and I wanted to make sure things went as smooth as possible.

Everything we chatted about has been actioned and I have updated the account to record your contact from the community also.  I will close things off from here as agreed but if you should need help or have a question in future, you know where I am 🙂

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings