cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Full fibre is available in my area a but I cant upgrade

Go to solution

I have had letters and today a visit from a bt rep telling me we can have a full fibre upgrade. However  i am not given the options to do this from my bt account. I have rung BT today and been told its not available in this area. However if  i search available broadband as a new customer it appears to be available for me to order.

Do i really have to close my account and register for a new one in order to get the upgrade?

Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Full fibre is available in my area a but I cant upgrade

Go to solution

Try this new checker 

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-checker

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply.

I have already done this and yes it says its available now.

However if i log into my bt account it says it isn't. It seems it only shows as available if I search as a new customer.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Call the FTTP helpdesk on 0800 587 4787. They should be able to place the order for you.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @karenvnutt,

I am sorry that there isn't an option for you to upgrade it. You shouldn't need a new account to get this.

If you called, as @Keith_Beddoe suggested, can you let me know how you got on? I may be able to help if you have any issues.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Daniel

I rang the upgrade line again this morning and was told they will be back In touch tomorrow morning.

The lady I spoke with yesterday had tried to change my broadband package and this change has had to be cancelled before we can do anything further, so we have to wait till tomorrow to sort this out. However, the person I spoke with this morning is going to try and switch us to full fibre without cancelling my account. She said if that wasn't possible we would have to cancel the account and set up a new one.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you @karenvnutt.

I really hope that they can upgrade your account to get you the Full Fibre service without cancelling the account. On paper, there are very little reasons that we should ever do this. If you are speaking that Full Fibre team (FTTP team), then they should know what they are doing. I have sent you a private message just in case you need to reach out to us to check up on the order once it has been placed or should you need any other help.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @karenvnutt ,

I'm really glad I was able to get this sorted out for you. Please get in touch if you have any other problems and I'll be happy to help.

All the best

David

0 Ratings